The Student Room Group

MUN Chat Thread MkIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by McRite
Could I represent two countries now, I have been in the MUN for quite some time now.

EDIT: To add on to that is Finland available or Turkey?

The rule of MUN is:-

A member of MUN with 150 post count can only have one position excluding the SC Positions.
But, to be considered a SC position you have to win an election when the position comes vacant,
Currently India and China SC Positions are vacant.
Members holding positions excluding SC positions can hold one SC position if they win the election and so you will have two country representations. Two non-SC positions cannot be held at a time. One non-SC Post can be held with one SC post if you win the election of SC post but still, you won't lose your non-SC Position at any instant.
Reply 201
Original post by McRite
Could I represent two countries now, I have been in the MUN for quite some time now.

But if you wish I can change you from the current non-SC country post to any other country post.
No MUN member can hold 2 non-SC posts as a single member.
Original post by Sena5
But if you wish I can change you from the current non-SC country post to any other country post.
No MUN member can hold 2 non-SC posts as a single member.

Since when? I was told I could represent Estonia and Sweden, neither of which are SC. :confused:
Reply 203
Original post by Samual
Since when? I was told I could represent Estonia and Sweden, neither of which are SC. :confused:

Original post by RoryS
Awesome! I'll PM you all about it in a mo. I'm free next week going away on Friday.

Haha no worries - its relatively recent. I may use your idea in the near future though to stimulate activity - it is a good idea, just have to make sure that the timing is right... :wink:

Original post by McRite

I've quoted RoryS as well to help here.

May I know who did allowed you as that? I am not aware about this. If it is possible, I will ask Rory about this and let you know what the rules are. If it is possible I'll do it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sena5

May I know who did allowed you as that? I am not aware about this. If it is possible, I will ask Rory about this and let you know what the rules are. If it is possible I'll do it.

It is possible to do so, most members hold multiple non SC seats. There's nothing wrong with him representing Estonia and Sweden.
Reply 205
Original post by Superunknown17
It is possible to do so, most members hold multiple non SC seats. There's nothing wrong with him representing Estonia and Sweden.

Alright, I shall get back to this after talking about it with RoryS.
I still understand what you say but, do not wish to go against any rules supposing I did.
I shall get an answer from Rory and if it possible I would do it immediately.
I've held two positions pretty much since I joined. Right now I have Canada & South Africa.
Reply 207
Original post by McRite

Original post by Sena5

McRite - as you've been a long standing member of the MUN I'm very happy for you too take up another position. Both Finland and Turkey are avaiable so please let me know which position you would like to take up then the change can happen.
Reply 208
Original post by RoryS
McRite - as you've been a long standing member of the MUN I'm very happy for you too take up another position. Both Finland and Turkey are avaiable so please let me know which position you would like to take up then the change can happen.

Thanks Rory
I wish you look into this matter and do the necessary doings.
Reply 209
Original post by Sena5
Thanks Rory
I wish you look into this matter and do the necessary doings.

Thanks! Let me know if you get stuck.
Original post by RoryS

How are nominations for the SC positions coming along?
Reply 211
Original post by RoryS

Please do the relevant things needed by McRite as he has posted here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2552217&page=10
His post is as follows.It is the last post on the link given here.

Reply 212
Original post by St. Brynjar
How are nominations for the SC positions coming along?

I've had no manifestos yet but seeing as the election process and other matters concering the SC will be changing shortly due to upcoming reforms, I'm not too bothered.

However I'm still happy to take manifestos as it will speed up the process post reform. :wink:

Original post by Sena5
Please do the relevant things needed by McRite as he has posted here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2552217&page=10
His post is as follows.It is the last post on the link given here.

Will do. I've asked him which additional position he would like to take up - no response yet.
Original post by RoryS
I've had no manifestos yet but seeing as the election process and other matters concering the SC will be changing shortly due to upcoming reforms, I'm not too bothered.

However I'm still happy to take manifestos as it will speed up the process post reform. :wink:

Will do. I've asked him which additional position he would like to take up - no response yet.

You might see something in your inbox soon :wink:
Reply 214
Original post by St. Brynjar
You might see something in your inbox soon :wink:

Yay! :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215

I'm online now. Shall we go to the edit MUN Reform on my gmail?
Reply 216
Sorry that things have been very quiet over here, behind the scenes they are far from it...

Big reform to the way the MUN is managed and run are due to come out tomorrow or Saturday and will need your full attention.

Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!
Reply 217
Original post by RoryS
Sorry that things have been very quiet over here, behind the scenes they are far from it...

Big reform to the way the MUN is managed and run are due to come out tomorrow or Saturday and will need your full attention.

Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

did you get any manifestos?
Reply 218
Original post by Sena5
did you get any manifestos?

None at all.
Reply 219
Original post by RoryS
None at all.

I didn't receive anything yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending