The Student Room Group

Awful night I've messed up - do I come clean?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
The thing is that the kisses meant nothing, so really I shouldn't have done it, I was dancing with my friends, caught a guy's eye, we danced then he moved in and I just went with it. And kept going with it. I danced with each guy for a while before they moved on to someone else. It really meant nothing and I don't know why I did it. I didn't even know the guy's names it was a case of getting kissed and then them asking me my name. So weird. I was aware I came across as a slag but I just didn't care. But as soon as I left the club all I could keep thinking was "what have I done?" I suppose it's normal to feel like this after a night out though right?
Reply 22
Original post by muonz
You skipped over my entire post.

Nah. I read it and thought it was very stupid. So I just picked out the most stupid part, rather than respond to it all. You can see why in my above post if you want.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by xDave-
Nah. I read it and thought it was very stupid. So I just picked out the most stupid part, rather than respond to it all. You can see why in my above post if you want.

Ah, okay. I didn't know there could be absolute advice for relationships.

Arguing about opinions is quite extraordinary. All we can do is offer our own perspectives and she makes her own mind up. We have no right to convince her that our way is the best way for her.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by xDave-
Oh don't be silly, why on earth would you tell him that? Lots of people date several people while they're trying to figure out who they like, a few drunken kisses as a currently single girl isn't something you should worry about. You've said you're not going to do it again, so just pretend it never happened. You're not in a relationship with him, so you don't owe him any explanations.

This!
Reply 25
Original post by xDave-

Your post is stupid in my opinion. You obviously don't value honesty. I agree with Muonz here. Nice sarcasm with the sky being blue comment. Idiot.
Reply 26
Original post by Capn cas
Your post is stupid in my opinion. You obviously don't value honesty. I agree with Muonz here. Nice sarcasm with the sky being blue comment. Idiot.

Aww, you noticed :h:
Reply 27
I wouldn't blow this out of proportion or make any grand confessions. You got drunk and did a few, relatively mild, things which you regret. These things happen and people learn from them. Go after the guy and, if it seems appropriate to you, tell him what happened and your regrets. For me, it shouldn't be a show stopper.
Reply 28
Original post by Anonymous
There's me and this guy who recently got very close and we've basically admitted to each other that we like each other and want to get into a relationship.
Last night (nye) I went clubbing and I really wish I hadn't. I kissed 4 different guys and dirty danced with a girl. I am so ashamed of myself, normally I am really shy and introverted, but I rarely drink so I didn't know my limits. I really couldn't control myself. It was my first time being properly drunk (I am 19) and I really wish I hadn't gone. I am so ashamed and disgusted in myself. But now I don't know what to do. I feel so guilty and the guy I like doesn't know. My friends said I'm not in a relationship with him yet so I don't need to tell him. But I still feel guilty.
I am the shyest person you could ever meet when I'm sober so this behaviour is totally unlike me.
Any advice? please :frown:

Stay off the alcohol.

I wouldn't say you need to tell him as you never slept with anyone did you?

Just know your limits or don't drink you decide.
Don't know your limits?
Didn't know people that went clubbing cared about limits.
Original post by xDave-
Oh don't be silly, why on earth would you tell him that? Lots of people date several people while they're trying to figure out who they like, a few drunken kisses as a currently single girl isn't something you should worry about. You've said you're not going to do it again, so just pretend it never happened. You're not in a relationship with him, so you don't owe him any explanations.

Yeah, who cares about morality or doing the right thing. I'm sick of decent people who have morals :angry::rolleyes:

The alcohol excuse is total BS - you only do what you want to do and drink is no excuse. I've been very drunk and I have never cheated on a partner.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by qwertyking
Yeah, who cares about morality or doing the right thing. I'm sick of decent people who have morals :angry::rolleyes:

The alcohol excuse is total BS - you only do what you want to do and drink is no excuse. I've been very drunk and I have never cheated on a partner.

Your morals are not universally correct.

It was her first time getting drunk. Do you not remember your first time? It's quite surprising what it does to you.
Original post by Capn cas
I'd let him know, because regardless of labels (single or in a relationship) you have 'something' going on and you should be straight and upfront with each other about such things.

Im on this side of the argument.

If the guy really likes OP then he will be mature about it though, he'd be overreacting if he got really angry at something OP regretted and was sorry about.
Don't tell him and don't be ashamed of yourself. Just rest up and take care of yourself. Sounds like hangover depression to me.
Reply 34
Original post by TheSK00T3R
Don't know your limits?
Didn't know people that went clubbing cared about limits.

Before I went out because it was my first time I wanted to make sure I drunk until I was tipsy but still in control of myself just so that I'd get a buzz and then see how I felt and then increase it
But obv my friends who go out quite a lot encouraged me to drink more so I did and before I knew it I'd downed a few in such a short space of time and then everything happened too quickly and before I knew it I was at the point of no return. and things happened that shouldn't have. Like the first guy that leaned in it took me a few seconds to realise what he was doing and things just happened.
Partly because I am such a lightweight due to hardly ever drinking I didn't know my limits. Irresponsible to go out clubbing on new years eve of all nights when I didn't know this, sure I accept that.
When the drink was wearing off we drank more and then we left pretty early we were only out for 4 hours.
Reply 35
Original post by qwertyking

ethanol is a behaviour-modifying compound. yes, you don't entirely lose control and no, it doesn't make an adequate excuse for certain things. however, it does have neuropharmacology and does make people a lot more susceptible to the kind of thing the o.p. has done, especially if it was her first time being properly drunk.

get off your high horse.
Reply 36
Bad bad girl.
Reply 37
Before I went out because it was my first time I wanted to make sure I drunk until I was tipsy but still in control of myself just so that I'd get a buzz and then see how I felt and then increase it
But obv my friends who go out quite a lot encouraged me to drink more so I did and before I knew it I'd downed a few in such a short space of time and then everything happened too quickly and before I knew it I was at the point of no return. and things happened that shouldn't have. Like the first guy that leaned in it took me a few seconds to realise what he was doing and things just happened.
Partly because I am such a lightweight due to hardly ever drinking I didn't know my limits. Irresponsible to go out clubbing on new years eve of all nights when I didn't know this, sure I accept that.
When the drink was wearing off we drank more and then we left pretty early we were only out for 4 hours.

No one here should judge you, as the vast majority of students have done similar things when drunk, on a night out. You have a few varying opinions here, but ultimately it comes down to what you want to do.
Good luck, whatever you choose to do. :biggrin:

Well, you live and you learn.
I don't go clubbing myself, and don't approve of it, partly because I'm well aware of what goes on. As I'm sure you know, nobody goes clubbing to listen to music... especially the lads.
It's the start of a new year year, put it behind you and move on. If it really bothers you , let him know , you weren't in a relationship yet though so what you do before you are is irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending