The Student Room Group

Canterbury Christ Church History Interview...

Hi guys,
I’ve got an upcoming History interview (29th Jan)at Canterbury Christ Church and I was wondering if anyone will know what t willbe like? The thing is, I’m not doing A Levels, I’m studying a BTEC in Print andJournalism and I haven’t studied History since before GCSE (my school droppedthe History courses...). They are obviously content with my PS, but what kindof things will they ask me? And what format will the interview be in? Theinterview is for single honours, I’ve also got a condition offer for Historywith American Studies that doesn’t need an interview and is the course I amhoping to study, but I’m still really nervous!
They just want to talk to you about your enthusiasm for the subject and, since you are doing BTEC, your intellectual ability.

You should be able to discuss your interest in History as studied at University level and provide practical examples this - museum/heritage visits, books you have read etc.

A recommended book that will give you an idea about what 'History at uni' is about and will give you ideas about concepts/theories to talk about - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Studying-History-Palgrave-Study-Skills/dp/1403987343

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending