The Student Room Group

How difficult is the first year of medicine without a-level biology?

I currently am an as-level student and i am taking 5 as-levels (chemistry,biology,physics,maths and further maths) and i want to go into to medicine but i am not doing so well in biology, so i looked into the entry requirements for many uni's and it said chemistry is compulsory, but you can have biology and/or physics and/or maths. So if you are a medical student without biology please can you share your personal experience of how difficult or easy your first year of medicine was. (it would be very helpful if many people gave their medical experiences).

Thankyou
Reply 1
I'm an Applicant into Medical school this year (on a gap year as i applied for chemistry but then changed my mind about what i wanted to do with my life) And I don't have A Level Biology. I'm really interested to see how people who have been through med school without Bio @ ALevel found it.

But if I can give you some hope, I really did my research about which Uni's would possibly accept me without Biology, and consequently I have recieved 3 interviews and haven't heard from my 4th uni yet. I haven't recieved any news of offer or rejections yet but I believe recieving interviews means that they are seriously considering me. So I guess you can get into Med school without Bio despite what many people say! Especially if you have AS Bio, I only have GCSE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending