The Student Room Group

How to gain weight fast?

I'm 17, 55kg and 170cm tall. I've had the same weight for the past 3 years and can't gain weight. I eat A LOT so I don't know what's the problem. Any tips?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You don't eat a lot.
Reply 2
Original post by Shawshank
You don't eat a lot.

This. People snack all day on crisps and cakes, eat maybe 2 proper meals a day and claim they eat a lot, probably getting about 2000 calories per day.

OP, make a rough list of what you typically eat in a day.
Reply 3
You don't eat a lot.

Haha trust me I do
Reply 4
Original post by Cat Funt
This. People snack all day on crisps and cakes, eat maybe 2 proper meals a day and claim they eat a lot, probably getting about 2000 calories per day.

OP, make a rough list of what you typically eat in a day.

Breakfast: Cereal and tuna or egg sandwich

Lunch: Rice and Chicken

Dinner: Burgers, Chips and Pizza

I eat about 3 crisps everyday, maybe some cake and Coca Cola
Reply 5
Original post by Nader_KSA
Haha trust me I do

Then you have one of the following conditions:
a) Tapeworm
b) Messed up hormones
c) Delusions about how much you eat

I know which one my money is on...

Lol

[x] c)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Then you have one of the following conditions:
a) Tapeworm
b) Messed up hormones
c) Delusions about how much you eat

I know which one my money is on...

Lol

[x] c)

Maybe I've got a problem that's preventing me from gaining weight? I'll probably have to see a doctor
Reply 7

Yup, as suspected, can't see that lot amounting to much more than 2000 cals a day mate. Look into your diet and try getting 4000 calories a day in with loads of carbs, trust me you'll start to put weight on. Tbh you'd look a lot better putting muscle mass on than you would fat, though.
Reply 8
Yup, as suspected, can't see that lot amounting to much more than 2000 cals a day mate. Look into your diet and try getting 4000 calories a day in with loads of carbs, trust me you'll start to put weight on. Tbh you'd look a lot better putting muscle mass on than you would fat, though.

Ok what do you think I should eat daily? What's your diet like?
Reply 9
High metabolism my friend. It's all in genetics.
Reply 10
Original post by Djent

Nope.
Reply 11
Original post by Djent

What if I have ****ty genetics?
Reply 12
Ok what do you think I should eat daily? What's your diet like?

Well my diet isn't what you're looking for really, I'm on a tailored bodybuilder's diet that's designed to maximise muscle gains whilst limiting fat gains, and I'm about 30kg heavier than you :lol:
Just eat stuff that's high in calories and carbs several times a day between meals. Stuff like Ginsters pasties are good if you're just looking to put on some fat - over 500 calories each, full of processed crap, plenty of carbs and fats, and dirt cheap. Not exactly the healthiest option, but if you're looking to put on fat quickly then try eating a few of these a day along with your breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reply 13
If you eat more calories than you burn you WILL gain weight. You need to eat more.
Reply 14
Well my diet isn't what you're looking for really, I'm on a tailored bodybuilder's diet that's designed to maximise muscle gains whilst limiting fat gains, and I'm about 30kg heavier than you :lol:
Just eat stuff that's high in calories and carbs several times a day between meals. Stuff like Ginsters pasties are good if you're just looking to put on some fat - over 500 calories each, full of processed crap, plenty of carbs and fats, and dirt cheap. Not exactly the healthiest option, but if you're looking to put on fat quickly then try eating a few of these a day along with your breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ok thanks
Reply 15
Original post by Djent

True to an extent. Then again, this still doesn't cancel out the fact that most people who say they eat a lot, don't really eat a lot. They might eat frequently, but snacking isn't gonna gain you weight if you're not predisposed to easily gaining weight. 6 500+ calorie meals a day will make any skinny runt put on weight.
Reply 16
Ok thanks

If you have to calorie-count to make sure you're eating enough, then do it mate. I always thought I was eating enough to gain muscle when I first started lifting, but it turns out I wasn't even close haha. At your size, you should be looking to get at LEAST 3000 calories a day to put some fat on, but if you go for about 4000 you'll put on weight a lot faster :wink:
Reply 17
Protein shakes
more meat
Reply 18
Do you even lift?
Eat more. Have to make sure your eating healthy otherwise you will pile on fat.
I'd say go to the gym and start working out. If your consuming 3000+ calories a day and not doing anything you will gain the wrong type of weight - fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest