The Student Room Group

Nose piercing on a big nose - yes or no?

I'm a girl and I have a pretty long nose. For reference I'll add a side ways on photo. It's not wide really it just sticks out really far and it definitely is big.

I know the general consensus is probably that it'd just emphasise it... which I guess I don't really mind that much. I mean, it's not as if it's not noticeable as it is, haha.

I just want to know if people think it'd look nice or not? Would it suit me despite the nose?

I've asked my friends but they're all way too nice to admit that my nose is even slightly large so I think I get biased answers from them. :tongue:

thanks! p.s I really won't be at all offended if everyone says no.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can get a small nose stud (like the one I have, people hardly notice my nose is pierced! ) So I think the size of your nose isnt a problem, just as long as you dont feel self-conscious about it once you have it done. When you first get it pierced, the default piercing will be big and youll have to keep it in until it heals & then you can change it to a small one.
Reply 2
I personally wouldn't want to attract attention to my nose if it was big, honest answer :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
No
Dont get a nose piercing, i would never give a job to that sort of person.
Personally I don't think it'd look good.
Reply 6
Original post by SophiaLDN
You can get a small nose stud (like the one I have, people hardly notice my nose is pierced! ) So I think the size of your nose isnt a problem, just as long as you dont feel self-conscious about it once you have it done. When you first get it pierced, the default piercing will be big and youll have to keep it in until it heals & then you can change it to a small one.

It depends what size they pierce you with.

Ive had a tiny nose stud from day 1, my friend was pierced with a huge ring at a different piercers.

And OP, i would say go for it. Because if you dont like it or dont think it looks good you can remove it. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
thanks people! I wanted honest opinions, haha, much easier from strangers...
Reply 8
Original post by when she was 22
thanks people! I wanted honest opinions, haha, much easier from strangers...

I think it could look alright. I assume you mean a stud. You could try it, and if you don't like it, wait for the piercing to heal, if you like it, keep it.
Reply 9
Original post by kunoichi
It depends what size they pierce you with.

Ive had a tiny nose stud from day 1, my friend was pierced with a huge ring at a different piercers.

And OP, i would say go for it. Because if you dont like it or dont think it looks good you can remove it. :smile:

Ah I didn't know that, they told me different. I had a massive one for ages until it healed lol.
Reply 10
Original post by SophiaLDN
Ah I didn't know that, they told me different. I had a massive one for ages until it healed lol.

Some piercers do different things for different reasons i guess.

I dont know the reasons for the big nose rings (swelling i guess? I didnt have any though) but my piercer uses small studs so that the heal time is faster and the hole smaller.
Original post by Pride
I think it could look alright. I assume you mean a stud. You could try it, and if you don't like it, wait for the piercing to heal, if you like it, keep it.

I do, yeah, just something small and subtle. I don't know though! if I hate it I'd feel really stupid.

I'm trying to be confident with my appearance though, like I've really liked them for ages, but I wouldn't have even considered doing it because I was too embarrassed/shy/self conscious of the size of my nose. I let my appearance hold me back sometimes but I don't want to have that attitude any more though because it's really upset me at times and I want the nose to just not be a big deal in my life anymore (that wasn't even a pun). So in a way doing it would be quite liberating and freeing?! That probably sounds really silly.
Reply 12
No I don't like nose piercings on girls... period
Reply 13
A big NO, it's unattractive
Original post by Robbie242
No I don't like nose piercings on girls... period

Original post by Nader_KSA
A big NO, it's unattractive

not bothered about whether they're attractive to guys to be honest haha
Reply 15
I'm a girl and I have a pretty long nose. For reference I'll add a side ways on photo. It's not wide really it just sticks out really far and it definitely is big.

I know the general consensus is probably that it'd just emphasise it... which I guess I don't really mind that much. I mean, it's not as if it's not noticeable as it is, haha.

I just want to know if people think it'd look nice or not? Would it suit me despite the nose?

I've asked my friends but they're all way too nice to admit that my nose is even slightly large so I think I get biased answers from them. :tongue:

thanks! p.s I really won't be at all offended if everyone says no.

I too am of the big-nosed girl variety. It really depends on how comfortable you are with your nose. I don't think a nose piercing ever really "suits" a person, it's more of a statement, it's supposed to attract attention and give your face a bit of an edge. Give it a go, you can always take it out! Do it for big-nosed girls everywhere :tongue: I'm so sick of ruling out style choices because of my nose!!
Original post by kunoichi
Some piercers do different things for different reasons i guess.

I dont know the reasons for the big nose rings (swelling i guess? I didnt have any though) but my piercer uses small studs so that the heal time is faster and the hole smaller.

Yeah they said it was swelling and that itll go smaller once it heals (which it did so cant complain).
Original post by Ceri_Anne
I too am of the big-nosed girl variety. It really depends on how comfortable you are with your nose. I don't think a nose piercing ever really "suits" a person, it's more of a statement, it's supposed to attract attention and give your face a bit of an edge. Give it a go, you can always take it out! Do it for big-nosed girls everywhere :tongue: I'm so sick of ruling out style choices because of my nose!!

That's true! I think it'd be nice to have a bit of edginess about me. I have to say I do sometimes see people and think it really suits them/looks cute though. My sister has quite a large nose too though not to the same extent as me and it looks really good on her.
Me too! That's partly why I just want to go out and do it :tongue: as a big eff you to it for making me so self conscious all the time haha, I'm sure you can understand that. I said a little earlier in the thread I feel it would be quite liberating. I've never really been comfortable with it but I'm trying to be :smile:
Reply 18
I do, yeah, just something small and subtle. I don't know though! if I hate it I'd feel really stupid.

I'm trying to be confident with my appearance though, like I've really liked them for ages, but I wouldn't have even considered doing it because I was too embarrassed/shy/self conscious of the size of my nose. I let my appearance hold me back sometimes but I don't want to have that attitude any more though because it's really upset me at times and I want the nose to just not be a big deal in my life anymore (that wasn't even a pun). So in a way doing it would be quite liberating and freeing?! That probably sounds really silly.

No no I get that. Perhaps it'd be like a physical symbol of you overcoming some of your insecurities. But then again, you can take the stud off and leave the piercing to heal if you really hate it. I think it can be subtle and just quite nice. I don't really think the size of your nose would matter. But of course, can't be sure of that.
Reply 19
That's true! I think it'd be nice to have a bit of edginess about me. I have to say I do sometimes see people and think it really suits them/looks cute though. My sister has quite a large nose too though not to the same extent as me and it looks really good on her.
Me too! That's partly why I just want to go out and do it :tongue: as a big eff you to it for making me so self conscious all the time haha, I'm sure you can understand that. I said a little earlier in the thread I feel it would be quite liberating. I've never really been comfortable with it but I'm trying to be :smile:

I feel ya, sister! I don't think I'll ever be 100% comfortable with it unless I embrace it. Might as well go the whole hog and stop trying to hide the damn thing with soft layers and make-up and flattering angles. Wish I had a big-nosed sister. My family are always making comments about my nose, I'm the only girl that has it! Do it, you'll be my hero :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest