The Student Room Group

Which fountain pen looks better?

Not going to say the prices because I don't want that factor to influence people's opinions. Which fountain pen I should get, entirely based on the appearance.
Reply 1
Not mad on either, but the left if you must get one of these. I love fountain pens, one of the few things that I like to collect. If you want something that writes well (depending on how you like the pen or write), then you could do better that that. What other pens have you tried?
Reply 2
Neither.

Use a Bic biro or staedetler.
Reply 3
Original post by lifelonged
Not mad on either, but the left if you must get one of these. I love fountain pens, one of the few things that I like to collect. If you want something that writes well (depending on how you like the pen or write), then you could do better that that. What other pens have you tried?

pen2.jpg is my dream fountain pen but I'll never be able to buy this one. :frown: I've been checking a number of places and couldn't find something affordable yet screams elegance and writes well. pen3.jpg was in my list but the design is flawed - gold plated nib isn't perfectly aligned to the ink channel.
Reply 4
Original post by mrmicrosoft
Neither.

Just stand FAR away from me dude.
Reply 5
So overadorned. Get something simple.
second one, it looks better in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
The rose gold is nice.
Reply 8
Yikes. Sorry, they're just a tad too... ghastly for my liking. I just have a Lamy Safari myself, it's technically a "beginner's" pen but I love it and I know quite a lot of other people like it.
Reply 9
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Yikes. Sorry, they're just a tad too... ghastly for my liking. I just have a Lamy Safari myself, it's technically a "beginner's" pen but I love it and I know quite a lot of other people like it.

I agree. I prefer a fairly simple pen. I do have some more 'fancy' Montblancs and a nice Pelikan, but generally I prefer simple pens. The Lamy Safari is a classic (as is the Lamy 2000). I often use the Twsbi 580 (great pen for the price). I find the ornate pens too flashy and often poor writers.

Original post by mrmicrosoft
Neither.

This is filth. I won a fountain pen as a prize in 1983. I have avoided, and will continue to avoid, other types of pens ever since. Nothing will replace the beauty of writing with a bottle filled fountain pen.
Reply 10
Original post by lifelonged
I agree. I prefer a fairly simple pen. I do have some more 'fancy' Montblancs and a nice Pelikan, but generally I prefer simple pens. The Lamy Safari is a classic (as is the Lamy 2000). I often use the Twsbi 580 (great pen for the price). I find the ornate pens too flashy and often poor writers.

This is filth. I won a fountain pen as a prize in 1983. I have avoided, and will continue to avoid, other types of pens ever since. Nothing will replace the beauty of writing with a bottle filled fountain pen.

I don't understand why many people love ornate objects. Different tastes of course, but even so. The Safari is only my third fountain pen, but it's definitely the best. The first was a cheap one my primary school gave me as a gift on the last day of Year 6 - nobody except me seemed to like that choice of gift! The second was another cheap one from WHSmith after the first broke. I've had the Lamy for over a year now and still people in my classes are wowed by the fact it'll do a little trick if you knock it over!

Biros and other pens are only good for drawing, in my mind. Nothing beats a fineliner for the best pen drawings though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending