The Student Room Group

There is a woman i like, but now I'm not so sure - read why ....

Hey, Basically I am 23, almost 24 and have never been in a proper relationship before. I have had short term relationships etc however I have never really found that 'one' woman I could see myself settling down with, and I'm honestly a really nice guy. Now, I have finally met this one girl, she is amazing I can not literally say a bad thing about her, she has such a good heart, I can already picture myself her for the rest of my life. Now, everything is going fine, we are getting along great, not officially going out yet but all the signs are there and nothing is being rushed. I went out on new years and told one of my good friends about her - who is a mutual friend, he laughed and said 'I took her virginity away years ago and shagged her a few times when we were really young.' - They had a short immature relationship when she was like 17/18 (she is 24 now). Now this threw me back a bit, I know her being a virgin is a slim possibility (not that I care too much) - and I know that she has been in only 1 serious relationship in her life but this has seriously put me off her now... Can you see why? My friend swore me not to tell her about him, and she hasn't said anything either. It seems she is clearly embarrassed about her past mistake, yet she doesn't know that I know. She just said he is just a friend at uni and we don't really talk now.. Don't get me wrong, she is a really nice genuine person, but everytime I see her now I'm just going to picture him in my head =/ and I don't want to be the 'leftovers' type of person. I know I sound like a douche here, but it really is messing with my mind, I thought I finally meet the girl of my dreams but there always seems to be a catch! :frown: I'm kinda upset.. so any feedback would be helpful. Thanks
Reply 1
You're being a fool.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, Basically I am 23, almost 24 and have never been in a proper relationship before. I have had short term relationships etc however I have never really found that 'one' woman I could see myself settling down with, and I'm honestly a really nice guy. Now, I have finally met this one girl, she is amazing I can not literally say a bad thing about her, she has such a good heart, I can already picture myself her for the rest of my life. Now, everything is going fine, we are getting along great, not officially going out yet but all the signs are there and nothing is being rushed. I went out on new years and told one of my good friends about her - who is a mutual friend, he laughed and said 'I took her virginity away years ago and shagged her a few times when we were really young.' - They had a short immature relationship when she was like 17/18 (she is 24 now). Now this threw me back a bit, I know her being a virgin is a slim possibility (not that I care too much) - and I know that she has been in only 1 serious relationship in her life but this has seriously put me off her now... Can you see why? My friend swore me not to tell her about him, and she hasn't said anything either. It seems she is clearly embarrassed about her past mistake, yet she doesn't know that I know. She just said he is just a friend at uni and we don't really talk now.. Don't get me wrong, she is a really nice genuine person, but everytime I see her now I'm just going to picture him in my head =/ and I don't want to be the 'leftovers' type of person. I know I sound like a douche here, but it really is messing with my mind, I thought I finally meet the girl of my dreams but there always seems to be a catch! :frown: I'm kinda upset.. so any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Lol, he's a good friend of yours, but you're thinking 'ugh, I know where you've been. Get away from me...'

I think if you just give it a chance, take it slow like you're doing, it might not matter to you, and you'll be thinking about other factors. I mean, she may have changed since then.
Reply 3
Original post by Pride
Lol, he's a good friend of yours, but you're thinking 'ugh, I know where you've been. Get away from me...'

I think if you just give it a chance, take it slow like you're doing, it might not matter to you, and you'll be thinking about other factors. I mean, she may have changed since then.

Of course she has changed. Not saying she was 'bad' or anything in the first place...it just came as a bit of a shock you know?

I think I should just take it easy still and see what happens from it? I still like her a lot...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending