The Student Room Group

Im being ignored- treated badly

What do I do at school if there's this group of people who are just simply either totally ignoring me or giving me dirty looks as they walk past me. It is irrelevant why they are doing this. We have mutual friends- its just me they are treating this way. If it was just one person I would just ignore them back and give them a taste of their own medicine but this is just more than one person- a large group in fact and it is hard not to let it get to you when you are facing so many people.
Please, please could someone give me a good strategy to overcome this. It's really hurting me. If I had someone close I could gang up with it would be fine but I dont because all my friends dont have a problem with these people.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What do I do at school if there's this group of people who are just simply either totally ignoring me or giving me dirty looks as they walk past me. It is irrelevant why they are doing this. We have mutual friends- its just me they are treating this way. If it was just one person I would just ignore them back and give them a taste of their own medicine but this is just more than one person- a large group in fact and it is hard not to let it get to you when you are facing so many people.
Please, please could someone give me a good strategy to overcome this. It's really hurting me. If I had someone close I could gang up with it would be fine but I dont because all my friends dont have a problem with these people.

Thier just being immature and pathetic. Just ignore them OP.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
:jumphug:
Original post by Anonymous

My advice is as follows: if you don't already know the reason, try asking someone who's in the know but isn't giving you dirty looks what the reason is, or failing that someone who is giving you these looks. If you manage that, then think to yourself, unbiasedly, whether or not you deserve this treatment, any misunderstandings they may have, or anything you can say or do (IE gestures or apologies you can make) to ease the situation. Then start trying to talk to some of the more approachable members of this group, and discussing it with them.

You can start a war with them if you like, but it will only lead to things which are far worse than dirty looks. You can also curl up into a ball and try to ignore it, but then you're missing an opportunity to improve your situation.

This may or may not be good advice, but it's my opinion anyway :smile: Good luck OP!
It says more about them than it does you, trust me. If they behave like this, I'm not sure why you would want to be mates with them anyway, so you're best off just ignoring them and concentrating on your friends who do treat you with respect.
Ignore them completely. Focus on your work and doing well - success is the best revenge. If it gets to a point where they are being obviously nasty towards you then speak to a teacher who you get along with - you shouldn't feel bullied. There are various forms of bullying - it's not all verbal, some people are deliberately left out - I don't know all the details but it sound as though they're a group of bullys. Ignore and/or report them and make sure you speak to someone you trust if you're feeling really upset - you shouldn't have to feel bad about going into school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending