The Student Room Group

The Cambridge 2014 Results Day Discussion Thread [offer holders]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Ceryni

Thanks!!! Still feel a bit dazed :s-smilie: don't think it's quite hit me yet :tongue:

Clareite, right? Have you heard any news?

Yup :smile: No news yet, still waiting. I shouldn't really be on this thread :colondollar:
offer to study law at downing!!!!!
Reply 42
Just got my offer for History at Jesus! Kinda dying right now aaaaaaaaah!
Reply 43
Original post by fin3rz
Also, my letter is offering me a place on the BA engineering course and "subject to satisfactory academic performance" I may complete a further year of study for the MEng degree. I don't know if people are given offers for the MEng straight up?
It's normal for them to want to make sure you're not doing awfully after two/three years, because otherwise they'd be no point you doing a fourth.
Unconditional for Phys Natsci at Corpus Christi. I'd like to say that I re-sat a total of 5 exams in the summer, and my UMS wasn't even that high. Ignore the naysayers #ThereIsAlwaysHope

Best of luck/well done everyone!
Reply 45
Original post by `God
A*A + 1 in STEP I for Christ's Engineering. Damn you STEP.

Congrats g

1in step 1s not so bad though im sure youll make it
Original post by Tons of Sobs
Unconditional for Phys Natsci at Corpus Christi. I'd like to say that I re-sat a total of 5 exams in the summer, and my UMS wasn't even that high. Ignore the naysayers #ThereIsAlwaysHope

What was your UMS and that?:eek:

Well done :yep:
Reply 47

I resat 4 this summer, got an offer conditional on an A in FM for Physical NatSci which I'm self teaching. My UMS was relatively low too.

There definitely is always hope!
Original post by Ceryni
Got an email from Trinity hall saying I had an offer, but I'm pretty sure it's a mistake......

Medic here, btw!

Fellow Trinity hall medic as of 10.45 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by IceKidd
Congrats g

1in step 1s not so bad though im sure youll make it

Safe famalam(b). Any tips on how to start STEP prep?
Reply 50
Original post by `God
Yeah my letter said that as well, I got a bit worried at first but I think it's standard. You done any STEP preparation? Come Monday I'm going to start going HAM on STEP I. Any tips anyone on how to start preparing for STEP I?

Spend a whole week or two going through questions in 1paper
As an engibeer id say mechancis nd pure
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What was your UMS and that?:eek:

Well done :yep:

Original post by alow
I resat 4 this summer, got an offer conditional on an A in FM for Physical NatSci which I'm self teaching. My UMS was relatively low too.

There definitely is always hope!

Haha thanks and well done.

AS just scraped 90 this time last year. Didn't even bother applying. With a few re-sits + A2s my overall average was just over 94 (but A2 average pushing 97, so I guess they look at most recent exams in context)
Haha thanks and well done.

AS just scraped 90 this time last year. Didn't even bother applying. With a few re-sits + A2s my overall average was just over 94 (but A2 average pushing 97, so I guess they look at most recent exams in context)

Oh :lol: that's great!

I won't post here about stuff, well done guys!:biggrin:
Reply 53
Anyone know how long it takes for our offers to come through on UCAS?
Reply 54
Original post by alow
Anyone know how long it takes for our offers to come through on UCAS?

Usually takes a while (couple weeks); each college has to inform the central admissions office before UCAS can be updated. I think the deadline is the 28/29th Jan!

Original post by dadiamondz
Fellow Trinity hall medic as of 10.45 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!!!!! So happy :party:

Did you get an email from Vicky too? Kinda surprised; I assumed it would just be the letter, and I'm not at home atm, so it completely confused me! :colondollar:

Original post by House MD
Yup :smile: No news yet, still waiting. I shouldn't really be on this thread :colondollar:

Here's to hoping you'll earn your rightful place on the thread!!! Good luck :thumbsup:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 55
Original post by `God
Yeah my letter said that as well, I got a bit worried at first but I think it's standard. You done any STEP preparation? Come Monday I'm going to start going HAM on STEP I. Any tips anyone on how to start preparing for STEP I?

Start NOW and get into a regular habit of practicing questions... I did STEP I last year, having had a go at four past papers about a month before the exam and I only managed to get a grade 2 - this year I'm terrified as a Maths offer-holder for Christ's having to get 1's in STEP II & III so I made a wall chart and bought some kiddie stars to motivate me to do as many papers as possible this time.

The first post on the TSR's STEP preparation thread is extremely useful to get started with. Stephen Silkos' booklets are also good to start with as he discusses lots of past questions, here and here.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Ceryni
Usually takes a while (couple weeks); each college has to inform the central admissions office before UCAS can be updated. I think the deadline is the 28/29th Jan!

Thanks! :smile:
Current Linguistics student at Newnham here, if anyone has any questions about either :smile:

And of course, congratulations to everyone! :smile:
Reply 58
Congratulations everyone! I have an offer for Linguistics and HALLELUJAH, but I still can't believe it...

:smile:
Reply 59
Original post by piguy
Start NOW and get into a regular habit of practicing questions... I did STEP I last year, having had a go at four past papers about a month before the exam and I only managed to get a grade 2 - this year I'm terrified as a Maths offer-holder for Christ's having to get 1's in STEP II & III so I made a wall chart and bought some kiddie stars to motivate me to do as many papers as possible this time.

The first post on the TSR's STEP preparation thread is extremely useful to get started with. Stephen Silkos' booklets are also good to start with as he discusses lots of past questions, here and here.

How many hours a day do you recommend me working on STEP?

Quick Reply

Latest