The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary QMUL September 2014 Applicants & Firmers!

Just firmed Queen Mary and haven't seen a thread yet so thought I'd start one! I cannot wait to start at QMUL in September and move to London!

What's everyone studying?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I havent firmed it yet but im planning too soon! Ill be studying Psychology, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Kay(:
I havent firmed it yet but im planning too soon! Ill be studying Psychology, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Politics! Just firmed for unconditional so I cannot wait until September now :smile: Will you be living in student halls?
Reply 3
Original post by i-love-coffee
Politics! Just firmed for unconditional so I cannot wait until September now :smile: Will you be living in student halls?

Oh okay congrats on the unconditional! Nope id be travelling there, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
QMUL will be my third choice if I receive offers from all 5 unis. Congrats on your offer!
Reply 5
Original post by Kay(:
Oh okay congrats on the unconditional! Nope id be travelling there, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live just outside London so I think they're unlikely to offer me student accommodation. Will probably go into private halls
Reply 6
I live just outside London so I think they're unlikely to offer me student accommodation. Will probably go into private halls

Ah they probs wouldnt habe offered me accommodation even if I wanted it then!
Travelling is worrying me though, worried about the time it takes and making friends etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7

May I ask why you chose Politics rather than International Relations?

:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by MrDigBick
May I ask why you chose Politics rather than International Relations?

:smile:

Never even really thought about taking IR. I took Politics for A-Level so already knew I had an interest in it. I did look at IR briefly but the modules were so similar I decided to stick with straight Politics. I may end up taking a couple IR modules as optionals though :smile: What have you applied for?
Reply 9
Original post by Kay(:
Ah they probs wouldnt habe offered me accommodation even if I wanted it then!
Travelling is worrying me though, worried about the time it takes and making friends etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where will you be travelling from? I'm sure you'll be fine! I think the best thing about London uni's is that a lot of people travel/commute/live elsewhere and it is really easy to make friends regardless because a lot of people are in the same boat :smile:
Where will you be travelling from? I'm sure you'll be fine! I think the best thing about London uni's is that a lot of people travel/commute/live elsewhere and it is really easy to make friends regardless because a lot of people are in the same boat :smile:

Not the best place in london, edmonton hahah. I really hope so, it's my main worry and its making me kinda scared to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Not the best place in london, edmonton hahah. I really hope so, it's my main worry and its making me kinda scared to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going to be in the main QM student halls either so I wouldn't worry.. I currently have friends at other London universities who don't live in their university halls and they say they love studying there. :smile: It is definitely going to be a different experience from a typical campus university though.
I'm not going to be in the main QM student halls either so I wouldn't worry.. I currently have friends at other London universities who don't live in their university halls and they say they love studying there. :smile: It is definitely going to be a different experience from a typical campus university though.

Oh okayy, that makes me feel abit better hehe! Im just too scared to make my decision on ucas for some weird reason lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Oh okayy, that makes me feel abit better hehe! Im just too scared to make my decision on ucas for some weird reason lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are your other choices :smile:?
What are your other choices :smile:?

Sheffield, Westminster, Keele and Hertfordshire, yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Sheffield, Westminster, Keele and Hertfordshire, yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh nice. Queen Mary was my only application and got an unconditional so that's it haha! Was at Sheffield but didn't like it.
Ahh nice. Queen Mary was my only application and got an unconditional so that's it haha! Was at Sheffield but didn't like it.

Ooh okay! How comes you didnt like Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Ooh okay! How comes you didnt like Sheffield?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just not for me really. It was never one of my choices and ended up going there through clearing. Didn't really like the city (felt so small compared to London) and the department wasn't amazing. It was ok but I knew I'd made a rash choice by going there within the first couple weeks.
Just not for me really. It was never one of my choices and ended up going there through clearing. Didn't really like the city (felt so small compared to London) and the department wasn't amazing. It was ok but I knew I'd made a rash choice by going there within the first couple weeks.

Ohh okay. For me it was the decision to choose queen mary or sheffield, and I feel staying in london will bring more benefits as I get to still live at home and not leave my boyfriend behind haha :tongue:. I still really like sheffield though so the decisions tough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:
Ohh okay. For me it was the decision to choose queen mary or sheffield, and I feel staying in london will bring more benefits as I get to still live at home and not leave my boyfriend behind haha :tongue:. I still really like sheffield though so the decisions tough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there are undoubtably benefits to studying in London, but then there's also the downside of the cost! Good luck making the decision, either way they're both good universities :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending