The Student Room Group

Why do some people think it's okay to slate a thin girl's figure?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Whooo I'm a petite size 4-6 as well! We're in this together! :awesome:

High five! :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by Lucy96
COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

I'm slim, and I've had many hurtful comments in my life. Not too long ago, someone said "Move up, anorexic". No one seemed to care, but had the girl said something along the lines of "Move up, fatty", you can't tell me everyone would keep quiet.

Not only is this unfair, but anorexia isn't something to throw around, it's a horrible disorder that shouldn't be used as an insult for anyone who's thin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Move up anorexic'?!?! :lolwut: I don't understand people like that. Was it a stranger too?

To answer the OPs question, because bitches be crazy. Don't let it get to you.
Original post by Peaches and Cream
Most of the times it has happened it's been in person.

I ignore what everyone says on TSR, but in real life having that said to you is a very, very different experience.

Well you're original post didn't quite imply that.

But as you say, its quite sad of people to say that to you personally, just try and forget the losers and move on with life.
Original post by TheBBQ
This does not apply to just women, but men also.

I'm a tall and pretty slim guy and people do comment on it. I do eat a lot but gain very little mass from it. Especially since I was once near enough anorexic when I was younger since I didn't eat when I was sad, which was a lot of the time. People saying "you're too fat/thin" hurts both genders.

I've decided to hit the gym in the summer after my A-level exams.

Good man. Stick to it and it'll change your life, trust me:smile:
Reply 24
Original post by Alpha brah
I've found some fat/unattractive guys seem to resent in-shape women too. I lauf every tiem. :tongue:

Some guys do, but its usually fat girls. :yes:
Reply 25
Because people are jerks. You can't win.

If you weigh too much, you get made fun of for being fat. If you're too skinny, you're anorexic and need a burger.
Original post by Alpha brah
I'm a size 4-6 (though petite) and I get this all the time. It's not like I starve myself, I just eat really healthily and exercise to take care of myself. So annoying :K

Don't mind them OP, just do your thing :tongue:

Good to have you back brah:smile:
Reply 27
Original post by Mr Smurf
Some guys do, but its usually fat girls. :yes:

Funny, it's the opposite in my experience :beard: Then again I tend to get on really well with other women for some reason. :tongue:

I think generally if supposedly attractive people pick on unattractive people it is looked down on, but it's meant to be OK for unattractive people to slate on attractive people. For example, overweight or out of shape people going on about how some member of the opposite sex they'd be lucky to get to speak to them are a "6/10" or some other nonsense.

I still lauf every tiem doe. I mean plz. Sour grapes are hailrious.
Reply 28
Original post by pinda.college
Good man. Stick to it and it'll change your life, trust me:smile:

Yeah, just gotta get the A*'s and A's first :biggrin:

Reply 29
Original post by pinda.college
Good to have you back brah:smile:

Cheers brah :biggrin:
Original post by Precious Illusions
'Move up anorexic'?!?! :lolwut: I don't understand people like that. Was it a stranger too?

To answer the OPs question, because bitches be crazy. Don't let it get to you.

I know! I don't either :redface: it was someone who I thought was my friend :lol:
Reply 31
A mixture of jealousy and TSR.

Women naturally talk down to women they feel threatened by.

Men on TSR are not normal, normal men love to capitulate with skinny women.
Original post by Lucy96
COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

I'm slim, and I've had many hurtful comments in my life. Not too long ago, someone said "Move up, anorexic". No one seemed to care, but had the girl said something along the lines of "Move up, fatty", you can't tell me everyone would keep quiet.

Not only is this unfair, but anorexia isn't something to throw around, it's a horrible disorder that shouldn't be used as an insult for anyone who's thin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually it would probably make no difference. Lets not pretend people are out to defend fat people, they get bullied and berated just as much if not more than thin people.
In all honesty I've never heard someone being bullied solely because they are thin, overweight on the other hand is quite common.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Lucy96
I know! I don't either :redface: it was someone who I thought was my friend :lol:

Thats just so much worse. If it's something she knew you were self conscious about then that's just awful of her. Well at least you know what she's like now :redface:
Original post by So Instinct
Actually it would probably make no difference. Lets not pretend people are out to defend fat people, they get bullied and berated just as much if not more than thin people.

I disagree that it'd make no difference, but I agree with the last bit.
Original post by Precious Illusions
Thats just so much worse. If it's something she knew you were self conscious about then that's just awful of her. Well at least you know what she's like now :redface:

It really is. She was aware, which is why it was even more frustrating :redface: very true haha! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They feel insecure about themselves. Simple as.
Original post by Lucy96
I disagree that it'd make no difference, but I agree with the last bit.

Slandering someone for being overweight or underweight is the same thing in my eyes. So instead of defending thin people it would make sense to defend everyone as a whole.
You genuinely think if someone slandered other people are more likely defend them than if they were thin? I don't think they would defend them in any case thus it making no difference really.
Reply 38
Original post by Rakas21
A mixture of jealousy and TSR.

Women naturally talk down to women they feel threatened by.

Men on TSR are not normal, normal men love to capitulate with skinny women.

Ehehehehehe... you're lucky we don't still have negs! :tongue:
Reply 39
stop skinny shaming!!!!

stop fat shaming!!!!

stop body policing!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest