The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

International Student From Canada-- Opinions?

I'm an student from Canada and have an offer for Ancient History and Archaeology. It is a huge process to move to the UK, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me about exeter (not necessarily the program I'm in) and the student experience. I really want to know if it is worth it to move abroad.

Also, if anyone has any opinions about Canadian's in general, or how we are regarded over their that would be great to know!

Thanks,

Clare
Original post by Clare1996
I'm an student from Canada and have an offer for Ancient History and Archaeology. It is a huge process to move to the UK, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me about exeter (not necessarily the program I'm in) and the student experience. I really want to know if it is worth it to move abroad.

Also, if anyone has any opinions about Canadian's in general, or how we are regarded over their that would be great to know!

Thanks,

Clare

Don't know much about the course specifically but the Archaeology department is very old indeed, and the History department is big and has some star names in it. Whether you get anything you wouldn't get at a good university in Canada... who knows.

Not sure we have particularly strong opinions about Canadians. Most people will assume you are American. You'll probably hear the same jokes about Canadians that you hear from Americans, because we get American sitcoms. It's all aboot donuts and hockey, eh?

Sadly the days of residual Due South goodwill are gone...
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending