The Student Room Group

Is sexual objectification of women real and is it really bad?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophiaKeuning
Lol no get out

Sexual objectification of women in general is bad. VERY BAD. Objectification of the individual you fancy when you wan a get off or have sex is absolutely fine. But women are objectified far more than men. Just because you find women sexually attractive doesn't mean as a gender they have to be objectified. That reduces them down to nothing.

Please kindly read my original post and respond to my position, thank you. Incidentally, I think it's very far from far to fine objectify my partner when we have sex and I would be offended if she viewed me as nothing other than an instrument for her pleasure.
Original post by Solivagant
I assume when you still go out you'll wear make-up and nice clothes to make yourself look good? And yet you then complain...

Why shouldn't women be able to wear makeup and have freedom from wolf whistling and the likes?

I dont even think sexual objectification is a problem, but your comment was a bit stupid
[QUOTE="*Dreaming*;45793643"]
Original post by Ade9000

Because now men are not labelled as sexist re. page 3. It is the woman's 'choice'. Women now think dressing provocatively is 'empowering' re. Miley Cyrus, lady gaga, Britney etc etc. Are you telling me that men do not enjoy and benefit from this so called 'female empowerment?'

Your being a bit of a blinkered person wearing some black and white glasses which can only see men v. Women. Men won this, women won that. There are better lines to draw than men v. Women. Why are people drawing such a stupid line?

Lady Gaga, Miley Cirus etc. Don't show than men won or women won, they show that deprivation won. Many Of those "stars" are devil worshipers.

http://beforeitsnews.com/conspiracy-theories/2013/11/miley-cyrus-and-beyonce-recruiting-teenagers-for-satan-worship-video-2455958.html

Long lost of famous celebrities discussing how they sold their soul to the devil:

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Катя
Not "dim", just paranoid. Every single male friend I've had to date uses "don't be such a girl" as in insult, says stuff like "I'd only ever sleep with a 9 or 10, maybe an 8 if I was desperate", makes the "why are you so angry? are you on your period?" joke far too often, and tells me to "be careful, you'll become an ugly lesbian feminazi soon" if I ever tell them to stop saying stuff like that.

Not to mention only yesterday a male friend's response to finding out that a girl he knows was raped repeatedly three years ago and has PTSD as a result was "that's ridiculous! no offence, but how can you not enjoy sex?"

....how old are these guys?

Seriously I think I've only ever met one guy who I can imagine acting like that, you're pretty unlucky in the "friend" department there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending