The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

help with accomodation at lincoln...

i have been offered a place to styudy social work at lincoln uni & it is my first choice so i am very excited:-) however i am now looking into accomodation & can only find a fair amount of information about brayford quay & the junxions:-( just wondering if anybody could help me with my choice &mgive me any ideas on how much each costs?
Reply 1
what do you want to know? , i know junxion is about 112.50 per week not sure about brayford quays but its much cheaper. i lived in the junxion last year and after looking around brayford quays, i wish i had lived there instead :smile:
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by chrishapy
what do you want to know? , i know junxion is about 112.50 per week not sure about brayford quays but its much cheaper. i lived in the junxion last year and after looking around brayford quays, i wish i had lived there instead :smile:

i know brayford quays a lot cheaper, looks really nice & great location but thought the same about junxion as well but you saying that has been a good help:-) thanks:-) you wouldnt happen to know anything about on campus accomodation either would you just anything to take into consideration such as atmosphere or anything?:-)
Reply 3
Original post by B3CK!
you wouldnt happen to know anything about on campus accomodation either would you just anything to take into consideration such as atmosphere or anything?:-)

I would :tongue: What do you want to know?
Reply 4
Also check out Bank St Apartments http://macgd9.wix.com/student-lincoln

Its right in the city centre so good for the shops, bars and university.
Reply 5
Original post by B3CK!
i know brayford quays a lot cheaper, looks really nice & great location but thought the same about junxion as well but you saying that has been a good help:-) thanks:-) you wouldnt happen to know anything about on campus accomodation either would you just anything to take into consideration such as atmosphere or anything?:-)

Ive heard courts on campus has a pretty good atmosphere and social wise, Ive never been there personally but people say its not worth the amount you pay. All the accomodations are pretty sociable it just depends on what flatmates and neighbors you get. It pretty much comes up to how much you are willing to spend haha
Reply 6
Okay thanks youve been a big help:-)
Reply 7
I'd pretty much agree with what Charles says. You pay a little more to be on campus and have security guards walk around looking busy and bursting in when someone sets the silent fire alarm in their room off. (My flatmate did it by spraying air freshener)

If the accomodation you're in isn't as social as you'd like you can always make friends with somone else in another accomodation and go over to theirs for parties, etc... We've done that a few times and the people in the apartment opposite mine always have people over from elsewhere.
Reply 8
Original post by Scott1541
I'd pretty much agree with what Charles says. You pay a little more to be on campus and have security guards walk around looking busy and bursting in when someone sets the silent fire alarm in their room off. (My flatmate did it by spraying air freshener)

If the accomodation you're in isn't as social as you'd like you can always make friends with somone else in another accomodation and go over to theirs for parties, etc... We've done that a few times and the people in the apartment opposite mine always have people over from elsewhere.

Cool thank you:-) looks like brayford quays it is then!:-) hopefully anyways haha
Reply 9
Sorry I posted the wrong link yesterday. IT should have been:

http://www.studentaccommodationlincoln.net/

Good luck at Brayford :smile:
If you're staying at the Junxion make sure you search for the Facebook group just type "The Junxion Lincoln Freshers Accommodation 2014/15" into Facebook.

If you're staying at courts make sure you type in "Lincoln Courts Accommodation 2014/15" and join the group, its a good way to meet students you will be living with!!

If your staying at pavillions (pavs) the best way to find freshers is through a Facebook group!! type in "The Pavilions Accommodation 2014/15 - lincoln freshers"

Hopefully that helps :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest