The Student Room Group

Please help! Bleeding on cerelle/cerazette, is this normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Same! I usually have my period every 4-5 weeks but since taking this i finish my period and then about 4 days later it starts again! I really hate it. I've been taking cerelle since about January. Will this last or go away after time?
Reply 21
I was on the combined pill for over 2 years, then started to get sudden migraines that were painful so was taken off pill on tuesday (Gedarel). On Thursday I was put on Cerelle and by Friday I started heavy bleeding. *must add that I've only just come off my period so having another one less than a week later isn't what I like*. Its very heavy and heavier than normal and worrying for me as most people go lighter or stop altogether but mine is just heavy. There's no pain which is good but i had no warning that id come on. Someone help? How long will it last? Should I go back to Dr??
I've been on cerelle for four months, it stopped my periods completely, but the past two days I've been bleeding and losing big clots, does anyone reckon it's anything to worry about?
Reply 23
I on the creazette pill and took it bang on the same time every morning.. I've started my first period since taking the pill and I've been on for two nearly 3 weeks. The first week was very light or on and off but now I'm rather heavy. Not sure what I'm going to do I want to try and stick with it but it's not good for the sex life!! 😕
I was on cerazette for about 5 years with no bleeding at all and out of nowhere I was constantly spotting. I saw my GP who switched me to cerelle. I have been on that a year with no bleeding at all. My main reason for being on the pill is because I bleed extremely heavily to the point I can cough or sneeze and feel it gushing. I was in the loo every hour to change my double up protection (tampon and pad). For the last 3 weeks I have started having light bleeding that starts in the early morning and stops in the evening. Anyone have any idea why? It's like the manufacturers are weakening the ingredients to the bare minimum or is that me being cynical? Off to the doctor I go...again! I can't take the combined pill due to other health issues and on the depo injection I bleed more than not. Thinking of requesting a hysterectomy!
Reply 25
I started cerrelle 4 days ago on the first day of my period. After reading everyones reveiws im considering stopping it as i dont want to be one of the unlucky ones to be bleeding for wks or months.im taking it to try and stop my periods as im in to much pain with them..
Reply 26
I've been on POP (cerelle) for just over a 2 months now. The first week was fine no bleeding but since then I've been nonstop bleeding with only having a 4 day break once and then it starting up again heavily . I go to my GP and she tells me to wait 3 months so my body gets used to it, as she will not give me the combined pill as I suffer from migraines quite regularly. The bleeding is really starting to annoy me as I am getting severe cramps and my mood swings are all over the place Is anyone else experiencing this?? Advice would be a great help from someone else experiencing the same thing!
I am experiencing the same systems. I went on this pill in May and had an extended period went back to the GP who said I should give it more time. It is now September and my period seems to be lasting longer and longer it has now been going on for four weeks. I am exhausted have no energy and feel very weak. I was recommended this pill as was struggling with heavy periods and mood swings. Can anyone help with advice?
Hi I started the pill nearly 5wks ago and have been bleeding every day is this normal
I am on cerelle and having awful irregular periods hav been on cerelle for a year what other pills could I try? GP doesn't seem to know. Need to b mini pill due to migraines. What about Mirena coil?
Hey I'm on the mini pill and for about a week it was fantastic no bleeding at all and then suddenly bam I bleed every day without fail. Sometimes it's just spotting but this week I've had to wear pads. I'm anaemic anyway and I'm losing weight pretty fast I'm already too skinny as it is! I lost my appetite and my boobs are so sore just touching them makes me want to cry. I'm constantly in a foul mood with my family, it's bothering my work life and my home life and the only time I'm happy is when I'm asleep! I am absolutely exhausted I feel I have no strength in me at all even to get my butt out of bed. I keep looking through forums to see if it will get better but I'm now 4 weeks on and I don't think I can continue feeling this terrible! I took this pill because my periods were too heavy, I had pains so bad I couldn't get out of bed and I was being sent to hospital for my anaemia ;-; it looks like I'll be revisiting my nurse and she'll probably get this earful outta me xD
I have been taking cerelle for 7 months and it's the best form of birth control I've tried. It keeps my periods extremely regular, however I get one normal period, then later in the month I get a touch of spotting which gets lighter every month. I don't mind as they're both so regular I know exactly when to expect it!
Just a quick comment.... i have been on cerelle for 6 months, it was only a month ago i dtopped bleeding so it does take a while to get used to your body, also i used to take my pill at 6 30pm everyday for 4 months i then changed the time of taking pill to 7 30am every morning and have now stoped bleeding
Ive been on cerazette for 5 yrs...bled first with it for a few months..then stopped for a while , then started again..seemed to go a good few months no bleeding...but past few months its been on and off like a blinking tap...sometimes hardly anything but past few days what i would now consider "heavy" as ive not had a normal period for quite some time now...i cant use combined pill as im diabetic so it isnt recommended..its really annoying not knowing when the bleeding is going to stop/start...i think people do tend to get worried when bleeding is erratic but its apparently really common on the POP pills so something we have to put up and shut up about :frown: oh goody lol x
Reply 34
I've been on rigevidon(or something) and now I'm on Cerelle, was on rigevidon for about 1 and a bit years and found it did nothing, was having periods at the shortest around 2 weeks and longest was a month. So I came off, I've been on Cerelle for about a week and a day or two and I started bleeding lightly but as the days go on my bleeding becomes heavier, my doctor insured me that I shouldn't have this, is anyone else like this?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
I've been on it for 8 months now and it was working fine for me up until around a month and a half ago, so since then I've had 3 very long heavy periods, which was something I didn't want as before I had my baby mine would be so painful and draining that I would be in bed for days and have to change my pad every hour. It's now the same but longer, lasting around 10 days and will start back up after a week. I'm sick of it and am wordering what could of caused it to get all weird
I've been on POP (cerelle pill) for about 4 months now. Doctors reassured me bleeding was normal but I didn't think it would be as often as it has been. It's been such a pain as well considering being on my period is my worst nightmare from cramps to dizziness and all sorts. Not to mention I have to bail on my boyfriend too often as well.

The solution for me was to take the Marvellon combined pill for 21 days during the course of cerelle taking that everyday and bleeding completely stopped.

Although I'm not particularly happy with the pill it's a much better option for me than getting the implant!
Hi I've been on Cerelle for many years and have had bleeding on it. But it started off very light periods. But over the last couple of months I've had two periods that last 2 weeks at least. Luckily they not been really heavy but its still just a pain. I went to the doctors on Monday and she just says its the pill. Doctor said about changing it and having the coil fitted but with that you get bleeding. Getting fed up with it now so think it is time for a change of pill x
Original post by Boowood9
I was the same it took 3 months of me taking these pills before I stopped bleeding, I didn't bleed the same amount as a regular period but it was enough for me to need to put a pad on

Hi did you have stomach and back ache also? I have been taking cerelle for 5 weeks bleeding for 4 weeks and it's driving me mad.
Reply 39
I stopped cerelle tonight through my own choice ........I have had the worst periods ever ..1st month on ıt ı woke up at 3am with terrible pains and cramps then i major blood flow......2nd month ı had blood clots and periods so heavy ı became anaemic.......3rd period was even worse on ıt................So im done with them...no idea what the Doctor will give me now.............

Quick Reply

Latest