The Student Room Group

Vast amounts of Gold discovered in Ireland (~£10bn)

Happy ****ing days. I know where I'm going tonight!
Reply 2
There's a leprechaun joke in here somewhere.
It will go to the rich, the Irish people will starve and live in poverty as usual.
Reply 4
Thanks for the wikipedia link on gold. I'd never heard of it before, so the article was really useful.
I remember watching a documentary about goldfields a few years back. There's shed loads in the north, but its not yet commercially viable and would involve strip mining.
Ireland desperately needs some good luck lol.

Dont know but this comes to mind:

leprechaun-gold-inverted.jpg
Reply 7
I'm surprised it's taken them this long to find out...
Reply 8
Original post by MatureStudent36
I remember watching a documentary about goldfields a few years back. There's shed loads in the north, but its not yet commercially viable and would involve strip mining.

They already have mines there though, well at least one that I know of in Omagh and that is also open pit.
Original post by bestofyou
They already have mines there though, well at least one that I know of in Omagh and that is also open pit.

I wish I could remeber the documentary I was thinking about. It covered that bit, but we're talking mass scale, end if the world apocalyptic scale open cast mining. The kind that would make Northern Ireland look like its been used for target practice for nuclear weapons for decades.
Reply 10
Original post by MatureStudent36
I wish I could remeber the documentary I was thinking about. It covered that bit, but we're talking mass scale, end if the world apocalyptic scale open cast mining. The kind that would make Northern Ireland look like its been used for target practice for nuclear weapons for decades.

The one with the guy from time-team presenting it?
Reply 11
i always knew that leprechauns were real!
Original post by bestofyou
The one with the guy from time-team presenting it?

I think so. That's ringing a bell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending