The Student Room Group

At what age do boobs normally stop growing?

I'm 22 this month and I swear they're still growing. I randomly went from an average B to a very full C a couple of months ago and now they're doing the same achey pains they were before, and feeling like they're growing even more.

I'm definitely not pregnant, putting on weight etc. I also read that too much salt can cause water retention which makes them hurt, but none of my meals have salt added to them usually, everything is homemade from fresh meat and veg, no added salt to the cooking.

Is this normal?!
Reply 1
It may just be genetic. I know mine stopped when I was 17.
Reply 2
genetic, hormonal....
Are you on any hormonal contraception? That could be it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Always_Happy
Are you on any hormonal contraception? That could be it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm on the combined pill. When I went on the patch temporarily it made my boobs grow, but the pill hasn't done anything in all the months I've been on it up until this point. Neither have the other two pills I've been on in the past. I'd be surprised if it was the pill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's probably the pill! My friend got given this pill in France that is no longer used in the UK she went from a B to a D within a couple of weeks...
Original post by nottspolitics
It's probably the pill! My friend got given this pill in France that is no longer used in the UK she went from a B to a D within a couple of weeks...

But I've been on this pill for months now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hormones I suppose...
hormones I suppose...

That's not really answering my question. Obviously it's to do with hormones, but I'm trying to find out if it's normal to still be growing after you should've really left puberty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"by around 16 years of age you should stop growing and you will be physically mature" - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Puberty/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

What is the pill you take called lol?!
"by around 16 years of age you should stop growing and you will be physically mature" - http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Puberty/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

What is the pill you take called lol?!

The pill I'm on is called ovralette or something along those lines. I've read all the information with it and discussed it in depth with the nurse already so i know all I need to know about it. I have had to be careful with my contraception choices for other reasons so I didn't just go on any old pill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ask because I need to get my hands on these pills!!
I ask because I need to get my hands on these pills!!

Try the patch.. Nightmare. Don't rely on it for contraception, damn thing doesn't stay stuck. Only thing it was good for was going up a cup size.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I definitely will thanks!!!
I know this will sound crazy because they're not huge at a generous C cup but I really struggle to get comfortable enough to sleep since they've grown. They're just in the way.. I've gone something like 6/7 years with smaller boobs so it does feel weird. I can't fold my arms in, against my chest, like I used to :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest