The Student Room Group

3 days till grade boundaries for edexcel maths A nov 2013, How are you feeling?

What do you think the grade boundaries are likely to be and how are you feeling?

Post comments below :smile:

Scroll to see replies

74-76 average per paper.
Reply 2
Original post by Abdul-Karim
74-76 average per paper.

for an A?
Original post by Angelo12231
for an A?

mhmm.. I did mine in year 10 and got a B and couldn't be bothered to re-take. I did it again without revising now I'm in year 13 :K:. Hopefully I get an A, although it doesn't matter too much :rolleyes:.
I expect that the grade boundaries will be extremely high as many schools have taken the students they don't expect to achieve their target grade in out.
Reply 5
Original post by CharlotteMcD
I expect that the grade boundaries will be extremely high as many schools have taken the students they don't expect to achieve their target grade in out.

I agree... what do you think you will get?
Reply 6
Original post by Abdul-Karim
mhmm.. I did mine in year 10 and got a B and couldn't be bothered to re-take. I did it again without revising now I'm in year 13 :K:. Hopefully I get an A, although it doesn't matter too much :rolleyes:.

yes, an A i expect would be around 70 for each paper
I agree... what do you think you will get?

I originally hoped for an A*, now I think an A because of the circumstances:/
Do you think the boundaries for an A* will go over 180?
Reply 8

Not a chance, they won't go up that high... maybe not even as high as 170
Reply 9

And if you get an A would you resit? (even though an A is still good)
And if you get an A would you resit? (even though an A is still good)

I really hope that is true:smile:
Yeah, even though an A is a great grade, I aim to do medicine and without an A* at Maths GCSE a large number of universities would not consider me. If it wasn't for that I'd be extremely happy with it aha:/
What are you aiming for? Good luck:smile:
Reply 11
I really hope that is true:smile:
Yeah, even though an A is a great grade, I aim to do medicine and without an A* at Maths GCSE a large number of universities would not consider me. If it wasn't for that I'd be extremely happy with it aha:/
What are you aiming for? Good luck:smile:

i was hoping for an A* but i know i got an A... i want to do medicine also... i wont resit maths because A or an A* at gcse is good but it depends more on your A levels, so i will spend the time learning A level content nd i think it would be better :smile: good luck to you to

at imperial college, minimum for gcse maths is an A, so i think with good A levels and A's at gcse, they are more than likely going to consider you
(edited 10 years ago)
Ah I didn't know some say A:smile:
Well yeah, A-Levels should take priority:smile:
I'm only year 11 so sitting it again won't take up too much for me:smile:
Reply 13
Ah I didn't know some say A:smile:
Well yeah, A-Levels should take priority:smile:
I'm only year 11 so sitting it again won't take up too much for me:smile:

im in year 11 also and pretty much all unis say A
im in year 11 also and pretty much all unis say A

Ah sorry, thought it was you said that you were in year 13 :smile:
Well, that is fair enough but with medicine being as competitive as it is I may as well re-sit and have a go:smile:
do you know when the results come out for Linear edexcel maths exam?:L
Reply 16
Ah sorry, thought it was you said that you were in year 13 :smile:
Well, that is fair enough but with medicine being as competitive as it is I may as well re-sit and have a go:smile:

yh but in my school, they give you A level lesson for maths after you finish the gcse syllabus. The A level lessons are until you go to college, does your school do the same?
I am really scared because I used HB pencil in my maths exam!:frown:
yh but in my school, they give you A level lesson for maths after you finish the gcse syllabus. The A level lessons are until you go to college, does your school do the same?

No, I'm the only one in my year to sit it early:/ I'll just get free lessons to revise if I get the A*
Original post by Marcusroye98
I am really scared because I used HB pencil in my maths exam!:frown:

Don't worry - I've heard about that happening with someone at my school and the examiner must have noticed something was wrong and asked for the actual paper:smile:

Quick Reply