The Student Room Group

New documentary series - Tough Young Teachers...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I think I'm also showing my age by finding this slang so hilarious. I can't even remember what terminology we used to insult someone when I was young!
Original post by bellylaugh
This is making me laugh so much! I'm going to try and use the word moist tomorrow in this context and see what (if any) reaction I get. :biggrin:

lol its from the urban dictionary but you may get a few confused faces, personally I've never used that term :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by chocolatesauce
lol its from the urban dictionary but you may get a few confused faces, personally I've never used that term :smile:

That's cos you're moist fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I'm also showing my age by finding this slang so hilarious. I can't even remember what terminology we used to insult someone when I was young!

I don't think there is any kind of person more linguistically inventive than a year 9 boy. Not even Shakespeare (who was probably pretty awesome as a 14 year old.)
Original post by Ggmu!
That's cos you're moist fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

and like you're not! :tongue:
Is it just me who found that programme so unbealivabley cringe worthy
Reply 46
and like you're not! :tongue:

Not even

Posted from TSR Mobile

not even far from correct, right? :tongue:
Reply 48
not even far from correct, right? :tongue:

You keep chattin breeze fam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by carnationlilyrose
I don't think there is any kind of person more linguistically inventive than a year 9 boy. Not even Shakespeare (who was probably pretty awesome as a 14 year old.)

Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

Nah man, you're moist.

:biggrin:
Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?

Nah man, you're moist.

:biggrin:

Lol! I imagine teaching him must have be a bit of a challenge. Lots of verbal battles you were never going to win.
Original post by Ggmu!
You keep chattin breeze fam

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just ballin' with you....fam!

Now, this is one that I fell foul of. I thought it was MUCH ruder than it is, because it used to be in my day.....
Now, this is one that I fell foul of. I thought it was MUCH ruder than it is, because it used to be in my day.....

are you talking about the word 'ballin', I only discovered it the other day and apparently it means have fun or messing around with...
are you talking about the word 'ballin', I only discovered it the other day and apparently it means have fun or messing around with...

Yes, I am, and yes it does. However, it used to mean having sex, in my youth... One of my form says it all the time and I have had many an amusing conversation with him on the back of this....
I think anybody that puts themselves forward to be one of the 'stars' of these shows is quite naive: if you want to be taken seriously as a professional you don't want your early years and early mistakes broadcast on TV to be analysed and ripped apart by your peers.

I reckon really the people that go in these shows do it because they like the idea of being TV stars, but reality TV and the world of being a professional don't mix very well. Its the same with that junior doctors series.
Yes, I am, and yes it does. However, it used to mean having sex, in my youth... One of my form says it all the time and I have had many an amusing conversation with him on the back of this....

hmmmm interesting :beard:, its fascinating how language evolves...
Reply 57

That makes no sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
That makes no sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

shut up! slang is like another language to me :redface:
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I think anybody that puts themselves forward to be one of the 'stars' of these shows is quite naive: if you want to be taken seriously as a professional you don't want your early years and early mistakes broadcast on TV to be analysed and ripped apart by your peers.

I reckon really the people that go in these shows do it because they like the idea of being TV stars, but reality TV and the world of being a professional don't mix very well. Its the same with that junior doctors series.

Couldn't agree more. It's also going to make going into the classroom the next day extremely difficult. I sometimes have concerns about even being on here, never mind the telly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending