The Student Room Group

What to put on a CV for Whittard of Chelsea?

There's a full-time temp job at my local Whittard of Chelsea, which is perfect because I'll be on a gap year for 2014. I was wondering what I should put on my CV; I've just turned 19 and most of my work experience comes from self employment (I do a lot of commissioned plush art pieces). I have had a job, but it didn't last very long as I had to leave after 3 weeks, and I'm slightly apprehensive about putting this on a CV as whilst it is work experience and a reference it may hold me back because of the job not lasting. I have another reference from one of my A level teachers, and whilst I do have some volunteer experience from when I was 14, the shop that I worked at is now closed.

I'm also applying for Pets at Home, Fabric Land and the local Shell Station- any help with what I can write on my CV for them would be massively appreciated! Thank you :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
As long as the reason for leaving your other job was not for dishonesty etc there is no reason why you should not mention it in your application. Being self employed requires motivation and self-discipline, qualities which Whittard's should be welcoming.

Good luck !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending