The Student Room Group

don't know where to look (for part-time work)

hi, i'm 15 years old, soon to be 16 in july, and i really want to get a part-time job or even just work experience but i don't know where to look. i live in northern ireland and it seems like no where really accepts people under the leaving school age for jobs. i havent got my national insurance card yet either. any suggestions??
Original post by zlatimer12
hi, i'm 15 years old, soon to be 16 in july, and i really want to get a part-time job or even just work experience but i don't know where to look. i live in northern ireland and it seems like no where really accepts people under the leaving school age for jobs. i havent got my national insurance card yet either. any suggestions??

Hey - I've just moved your thread to the part-time work forum where you should get more responses. :smile:
Reply 2
It will be hard to find a job at 15 without your national insurance number.
Reply 3
You should get your NI number in April which will make it easier for you :smile:
Once you are 16, it should be easier because most jobs (except for driving roles and bar staff jobs etc) will then be legally open to you. Some local shops might take someone below the age of 16 but there is no minimum wages for under-16s so you might be paid very little.

Hope this helps
Reply 5
Original post by shooks
Hey - I've just moved your thread to the part-time work forum where you should get more responses. :smile:

thankyou:smile:
I got my part time job by looking through jobs at indeed.co.uk

But you're 15, wait till you're 16.

Quick Reply

Latest