The Student Room Group

AS AQA Mathematics Core 1 MPC1 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

When they say : Describe the geometrical transformation that maps the curve with equation y=x^2-6x+11 onto curve y=x^2 do they mean going from y=x^2-6x+11 --------> y=x^2 ???
Reply 41
Guys what happens wheb you have a negative in front of a bracket
-(x-2)(x-5)(x+5)
What are the values of x?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! So just do it normally but change the sign

Posted from TSR Mobile
The minus only effects (x-2) so its (-x+2) or (2-x) so x is 2 for that one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by cuckoo99
When they say : Describe the geometrical transformation that maps the curve with equation y=x^2-6x+11 onto curve y=x^2 do they mean going from y=x^2-6x+11 --------> y=x^2 ???

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
One of the worst things to lose marks on is not putting a closing line on verify questions so remember to say "therefore D lies on the circle" or whatever. Loads of my friends forget...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks the wording of those questions always gets me :frown:
Just did a C1 paper and got 67/75 :smile: lol lost a mark on not curving the end bit of my cubic graph enough lol....
Reply 48
Thanks the wording of those questions always gets me :frown:

No worries! At least you pay attention to detail!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Just did a C1 paper and got 67/75 :smile: lol lost a mark on not curving the end bit of my cubic graph enough lol....

Nice! Which paper was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nice! Which paper was that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jan 2013 :smile: and ye lol i keep doing it the opposite way round lol
Reply 51
Jan 2013 :smile: and ye lol i keep doing it the opposite way round lol

A common mistake not to worry haha. I'm giving up for today. Don't wanna overthink things and I've run out of papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
A common mistake not to worry haha. I'm giving up for today. Don't wanna overthink things and I've run out of papers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ye ;p ye same i've done em all before but not all of em under exam conditions i guess :smile: gl for tomorrow
Reply 53
ye ;p ye same i've done em all before but not all of em under exam conditions i guess :smile: gl for tomorrow

As long as you're finishing them in the 90 minutes now then there's nothing to worry:smile: you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got full marks on the June 2010 paper :biggrin: I actually bothered to check through this time so my noticed all my silly mistakes that normally make my marks range from 68-72 :smile:
Original post by CD223
As long as you're finishing them in the 90 minutes now then there's nothing to worry:smile: you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

finished that 1 in 60 mins :smile:
Reply 56
finished that 1 in 60 mins :smile:

Nice! Plenty of time to check :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Does anyone ever do the last question first? Like getting the supposedly hardest question done before the rest?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Original post by CD223
Does anyone ever do the last question first? Like getting the supposedly hardest question done before the rest?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why? If you're worried about time, then you'll be able to do more easier question in the same time and get more marks.

Anyway, if you don't know the last one, you're going to on that for ages and you'll be worried about it while doing the rest of the paper. Bad idea.
I FEEL I HAVE TO WRITE THIS IN CAPSLOCK TO BE HEARD.

I WAS DOING C1 AQA JAN 2010 PAST PAPER AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU DO Q2)B)iii

I WOULD APPRECIATE IF SOMEONE COULD HELP ME PLEEEESE.

THANKS.

Quick Reply

Latest