The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing at Derby 2014

Hi, just wandering if anyone else if applying for mental health nursing at Derby? I've sent my UCAS off this week so waiting to hear. Real excited!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sillymoo1990
Hi, just wandering if anyone else if applying for mental health nursing at Derby? I've sent my UCAS off this week so waiting to hear. Real excited!

Yeah. Derby is one of my choices. I haven't heard from them. I just hope they call me for an interview. Lemme know you are called for an interview please
(edited 10 years ago)
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
I've applied at Derby and had my interview yesterday, just waiting a decision :smile: x
Reply 3
Original post by Corcor01
I've applied at Derby and had my interview yesterday, just waiting a decision :smile: x

Hi Corcor01
How did the interview go? What were you asked? How long did it last for?
Reply 4
Original post by Deeboy01
Hi Corcor01
How did the interview go? What were you asked? How long did it last for?

The interview lasted all day but was nothing to worry about. We had a maths and English
test which is pretty easy. Then their was just a group discussion and an individual interview which was quite nice, they just asked things like why do you want to be a nurse? And why should we give you an offer?

good luck :smile: x
Reply 5
Thanks Corcor01
Reply 6
Original post by Corcor01

hey, when did you put in your application? hope all goes well for you
Reply 7
What are the current issues in nursing please? Can't find any. Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What are the current issues in nursing please? Can't find any. Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

look for issues in health care. I think their is recent stuff on dementia

I've also applied to mental health nursing at Derby and have an interview tomorrow! Goos luck I hope you hear back soon and are successful
Reply 10
My application has unsuccessful cos I forgot to include my gcse grades in the UCAS form

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Reply 11
Original post by charlottelouisej
I've also applied to mental health nursing at Derby and have an interview tomorrow! Goos luck I hope you hear back soon and are successful

Good luck I hope all goes well....I'm still waiting on a decision, sometimes no news is good news...I hope lol
My application has unsuccessful cos I forgot to include my gcse grades in the UCAS form

Sorry to hear that, cant you ring them and let them know your grades?
Reply 12
Good luck I hope all goes well....I'm still waiting on a decision, sometimes no news is good news...I hope lol

Sorry to hear that, cant you ring them and let them know your grades?

I did, I was told it's too late and I couldn't be re-considered

Reply 13
I have a interview tomorrow at University of Derby! It's my first interview:frown:
Any tips and advise what may be asked? And what is the pass rate for the English and maths tests? Is the maths paper non-cal or cal? Please inbox me.

Thanks x
Reply 14
Original post by Bijal
I have a interview tomorrow at University of Derby! It's my first interview:frown:
Any tips and advise what may be asked? And what is the pass rate for the English and maths tests? Is the maths paper non-cal or cal? Please inbox me.

Thanks x

Good luck with your interview tomorrow. I still haven't heard anything form derby so don't know what happens. Usually the maths test is pretty straight forward I think and I would assume non calc.
Reply 15
Good luck with your interview tomorrow. I still haven't heard anything form derby so don't know what happens. Usually the maths test is pretty straight forward I think and I would assume non calc.

Thank you!! :smile:
I'm sure you will hear from them soon, happy to help you after I've done my interview :smile: For when you have yours!
Reply 16
Original post by Bijal
Thank you!! :smile:
I'm sure you will hear from them soon, happy to help you after I've done my interview :smile: For when you have yours!

hi, how did your interview go? what was it like? what happened on the day? I'm still waiting to hear from them, but derby is one of my top choices so still really hoping! was it a group interview or individual, or both? also how many people roughly were there for the interview when you went?
Reply 17
hi, how did your interview go? what was it like? what happened on the day? I'm still waiting to hear from them, but derby is one of my top choices so still really hoping! was it a group interview or individual, or both? also how many people roughly were there for the interview when you went?

Hey:h: Interview went well thanks! I thought I messed up! But did rather well.. was told my the person interviewing me. =) 2 days after I got my conditional offer from them!!

We had an presentation by an admissions tutor, then were split into smaller groups of 10 and we had an English and maths short exercise which lastly roughly 10-15 minutes. Followed by an group discussion which was again split up into smaller groups of 5. We were given scenarios with a list of patients who were all suffering from illnesses. We had to choose rank them and say who we would treat first and why. Finally as the day progressed, we were taken into another room where all our certificates were checked. So make sure you take originals and photocopies and an passport sized photo! And after we were called for individual interviews. Good Luck! I'm sure you will hear soon from them!! If you need anything else feel free to message me on my inbox. x
Reply 18
Original post by Bijal
Hey:h: Interview went well thanks! I thought I messed up! But did rather well.. was told my the person interviewing me. =) 2 days after I got my conditional offer from them!!

We had an presentation by an admissions tutor, then were split into smaller groups of 10 and we had an English and maths short exercise which lastly roughly 10-15 minutes. Followed by an group discussion which was again split up into smaller groups of 5. We were given scenarios with a list of patients who were all suffering from illnesses. We had to choose rank them and say who we would treat first and why. Finally as the day progressed, we were taken into another room where all our certificates were checked. So make sure you take originals and photocopies and an passport sized photo! And after we were called for individual interviews. Good Luck! I'm sure you will hear soon from them!! If you need anything else feel free to message me on my inbox. x

I'm so glad it went well for you and well done on your offer! Is derby a top choice for you? That sounds like a busy day, but that's prob a good thing, nothing worse than waiting around. And I like the sound of small groups for the group discussion...I've got an interview at Nottingham and they only do a group interview with more people in which will be so scary...I so hope I get invited to Derby! The only thing that put me off derby was lack of help I would receive for accommodation, as I'd be moving down with my 2 kids and they don't have accommodation for families. But don't they keep the mental health nursing students separate from the adult and child nursing students at derby?
Reply 19
I'm so glad it went well for you and well done on your offer! Is derby a top choice for you? That sounds like a busy day, but that's prob a good thing, nothing worse than waiting around. And I like the sound of small groups for the group discussion...I've got an interview at Nottingham and they only do a group interview with more people in which will be so scary...I so hope I get invited to Derby! The only thing that put me off derby was lack of help I would receive for accommodation, as I'd be moving down with my 2 kids and they don't have accommodation for families. But don't they keep the mental health nursing students separate from the adult and child nursing students at derby?

Thank you so much! DMU is :smile: and derby. It definitely was a busy day, bust trust me time flies! Enjoy it, rather than being afraid or worried. Their not there to test you, but to get to know you better. Staff at derby were lovely, so it won't be a problem. Smaller groups can be less nerve racking. Good luck for it! I'm sure you'll do well. Be positive, if your nervous.. do a bit of practice beforehand - prepare answers or maybe have an mock interview from someone who you don't know well. It will help. I'm sure you will here from them soon, maybe you could ring them and ask again. Sorry can't help you on that one. Not too sure myself. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending