The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Mental Health Nursing at Derby 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sillymoo1990
Good luck with that interview :-) I have 2 left but im going to withdraw from them as I dont really want to go now I have derby.
I have started to set up my account but got no futher. Need to give them a ring which I will do now I've been offered a place. I'm more concerned about finding somewhere to live atm with me having my children. I'm sure it will all fall into place over next could of months.
I asked for feedback from one of my unis with regards to a rejection and what they put couldn't have been more untrue if it wanted to be. All the excusses they could have used, they used one which was quite ridiculous, I'm just happy they weren't my first choice.

Welcome to Derby! I hope you're looking forward to studying with us for the next few years.

If you have any questions before you start, please feel free to get in touch with me directly by calling (01332) 592592 or by sending me an email at [email protected]

Best wishes,
Joe Parker
Marketing Assistant
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by sillymoo1990
hey. Good luck with the interview! They told us that your group are the last group they are interviewing so you should fin out quickly if you get an offer! Don't worry about the day. They started ours off by checking all the documents, so you were sat around with everyone for about an hour, then they did a short presentation on the course, then they did the maths test, which you were aloud to use a calculator, but not on your phone! Then we had a huge break, then went back for an enlgish test which was just writing up about a short scenario question. watch your spelling and grammer and write neatly. Then we had a group interview....our group had 15 people in, so be prepared for maybe a larger group....it can be hard to get a word in, but just be yourself and make sure if you have an points to add, you add them when you can as you are being watched. Then you wait for your individual interview. They seemed to take between 5 and 20 minutes. No questions to catch you out, just the straight forward, why derby, why MH nursing and not adult. Just be confident, be yourself and be honest. The staff are lovely. Good luck, I'm hoping to hear back soon, I've just had my interview last Friday. If I get an offer I will be firming it as they are my top choice :smile: x

Wow! Thank you so very much! I wasn't expecting such a detailed reply :biggrin: I have my interview tomorrow! It's been a few gets since I've done any maths lol so I'm quite nervous about that. So they didn't ask any tricky questions? I has my de montfort interview on Tuesday and they asked me such hard questions! I thought I deffo won't get a place but I did :biggrin: yet derby would be my firm choice for definite if I got in. Congratulations on getting in! I really hope I do as well :smile: what sort of topic of discussion was it in the group interview/discussion? Wow 15 people is a lot lol. Also, do they provide the calculator? Would that reflect negatively do you think? I'm going to practice today. Is there anything specific I can practice on? I know you have to know how to covert from ml-l and vice versa as well as g-kg and vice versa but anything else? Sorry for the late reply, I've had 2 interviews this week lol and derby is my last interview and the most important xD thank you again!!! xxx
Reply 42
Original post by sara.xx
Wow! Thank you so very much! I wasn't expecting such a detailed reply :biggrin: I have my interview tomorrow! It's been a few gets since I've done any maths lol so I'm quite nervous about that. So they didn't ask any tricky questions? I has my de montfort interview on Tuesday and they asked me such hard questions! I thought I deffo won't get a place but I did :biggrin: yet derby would be my firm choice for definite if I got in. Congratulations on getting in! I really hope I do as well :smile: what sort of topic of discussion was it in the group interview/discussion? Wow 15 people is a lot lol. Also, do they provide the calculator? Would that reflect negatively do you think? I'm going to practice today. Is there anything specific I can practice on? I know you have to know how to covert from ml-l and vice versa as well as g-kg and vice versa but anything else? Sorry for the late reply, I've had 2 interviews this week lol and derby is my last interview and the most important xD thank you again!!! xxx

Hi, they don't provide a calculator, so if you want to use one take it along. I don't think it would be viewed negatively, if it was surely they wouldn't allow you to have one?
No tricky questions at all! The lady I got was lovely and we had a nice chat about how the mannequin bums were like David beckhams lol the group discussion was based on a short interview you watch. And then you talk about it with regards to the 6 C's and the issues involved. They give you a list of the 6 C's and 3 short questions to discuss. What I will say is try also not to dominate the discussion, but dont be too quiet either.
Maths test like you said ml to l and vice versa and then small divisions to work out how many tablets a person needs by giving the measurements. They are really simple so try not to over think. They may ask in the interview how you feel you have done, just be confident in yourself.....I have firmed my place today. Very happy about it and September cant come soon enough lol good luck!!!
Reply 43
Hey everyone! I received an unconditional place at Derby Uni for Mental health nursing :biggrin: I'm going to firm it soon :smile: Anyone else? xx
Reply 44
Original post by Jummy94
Hey everyone! I received an unconditional place at Derby Uni for Mental health nursing :biggrin: I'm going to firm it soon :smile: Anyone else? xx

Yay, well done! I have firmed a place at Derby too :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by sara.xx
Hello everyone! Good luck with your applications :smile: I have my interview at Derby university next friday as I have applied for mental health nursing & I'm so nervous:frown: it would be my firm choice if I get in... any advice/ tips for the day please??? I'm so nervous xxx
Hey, how did you get on with Derby? Did they offer you a place?
I have been invited for an interview on the 25th of this month, thank you to all who have put information on here, I'm hoping that if I do get through to the afternoon session that it finishes before 3pm, I have work at 17:00 and it's a 2 hour drive! Really useful to hear about the structure of the day though, I will post my experience after my day. Thanks again. Good luck with your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending