The Student Room Group

University suggestions for a Chemical Engineering Degree

Anywhere in England , Top 20 , Good night life , Facilities

A list of the best universities can be obtained through complete university guide , but i'd like to see personal opinions of which university is best for my chosen degree and why?
Reply 1
You need to tell us your grades, if this doesn't matter, Cambridge has the best teaching quality+ employability.
Imperial College London has a very strong reputation and it's directly in London, great nightlife & social opportunities.
The major universities in Middle England are very good as well, like Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds & Sheffield. However, the number of staffs they have is not high..Nightlife is great (Birmmingham is probably the best out of them for teaching quality+social life)
No-one else can choose a Uni for you. Their interests/comforts wont be the same as yours, so they can only tell you which Uni is right for them.

Stop being lazy.

Go to Uni Open Days, read the course descriptions and make your own decision.
I agree with both of the previous posts, especially the first one as I am currently a first year ChemEng at Birmingham and I have nothing but praise for the whole department! BUCES (the ChemEng society) is fantastic, organising various welcome events for first years and offering plenty of support. So I would definitely recommend Birmingham.

But I also agree that you should get off your back side and actually go out to look at Uni's first hand. I was determined to go to Nottingham before I went to an open day there, realising it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

My best advice would be to look at as many as possible, so you have a good range and can pick the one which is best for you!

Quick Reply

Latest