The Student Room Group

Will they let me back in if I drop out?

Hi,

I'm currently a first year studying Economics and I'm desperately struggling for motivation.

I wanted to take a gap year and consider my options and explore other subjects/careers but my parents pressured me into going this year (won't let them have any input for future decisions in my life).

I have really enjoyed living as a student and have had a great time with the people I've met but I'm just not performing as well as I could have done if I had the motivation. I think part of the reason I don't have it is because I'm constantly distracted by what I could have done if I took a gap year. I've tried everything btw and nothing works, I haven't done enough work for 3 months, it's not a holiday or pre exam thing.

If I ask to drop out, will they let me restart in September?
Suspending your studies and restarting first year next year may be an option. If you simply "drop out" now, you have very limited time to reapply and would have no guarentee of getting a place again.

The first step would probably be to talk to your personal tutor about your options.

To be honest, if you can manage to pass first year, and have some fun over the summer, this may well be much easier than suspending your studies at this stage. Would you not be bored covering the same material over again in September?

Quick Reply

Latest