The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Newcastle or Queen Mary

University deadlines seem to be coming around so quickly so I am feeling slightly panicked as to which university to put as my firm choice!!! Iv'e applied to Newcastle, Queen Mary, Sheffield, Liverpool and UCL to do BA Geography (I have offers from all of these except UCL). Just need a helping hand in deciding between Newcastle and Queen Mary... Newcastle is rated higher in terms of league tables but QM is renowned for its research and quality. Also I guess being in London could have disadvantages. Any advise would be much appreciated.
I'm at QM.

I chose here because the London location gives it instantly higher global status. It depends in whether you want to be internationally employable or just UK employable. UK employers would use league tables, whereas foreign employers may just see 'London' and be won over by that.

The geography lecture room is really good, although I can't comment on the course as I'm studying something else.

It's a great campus.

I do feel a little like the university has tried too hard with the Russell Group thing so they forgot about the actual education aspect - teaching/course quality isn't superb.

Overall I'm happy enough because the place is well-respected and has a fairly strong global position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
london is expensive and the social life isn't that great

what are you studying?
Reply 3
Queen Mary has a good campus for a London University. It has recently joined the RG but it depends on what you like...

The social life in London SSSUUUCCCKKSS
Reply 4
I'll be studying geography. I think Newcastle is looking seemingly the better option...which is shame as I did love QM when I went for my interview/open day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending