The Student Room Group

CUKAS 2014 Music Applicant Acceptances

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to know who has accepted their Conservatoire place or are still waiting for a place. Please put places and instruments.

I'll start;

Double Bass (Jazz)
Birmingham Scholarship (Guaranteed)
Trinity Reserve.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have accepted a guaranteed place with scholarship at Birmingham Conservatoire to study voice (soprano)
:biggrin:
Reply 2
Well done!! I'll hopefully be off to the joint course at Manchester and RNCM this year on clarinet, have accepted it on CUKAS now! :smile:
Reply 3
Nice one! Heres to pursuing music!
Reply 4
I have just accepted a Guaranteed conditional place at RCS with scholarship to study voice (soprano) !!!!
Reply 5
Just accepted a place with a scholarship at Trinity for their jazz course! On trumpet
Reply 6
Original post by ethanlan
Just accepted a place with a scholarship at Trinity for their jazz course! On trumpet

Awesome, deciding between their and Birmingham. Well done on getting a Scholarship, do you know of anyone else with a place?
Reply 7
Thanks! Yeah got offers from Birmingham and Royal Welsh as well but I didn't feel I could turn Trinity down! Have they offered a guaranteed place to you yet? I don't know anyone else going but I do know a guy who got offered a place and I think accepted Guildhall and turned down Trinity.
Reply 8
Original post by ethanlan
Thanks! Yeah got offers from Birmingham and Royal Welsh as well but I didn't feel I could turn Trinity down! Have they offered a guaranteed place to you yet? I don't know anyone else going but I do know a guy who got offered a place and I think accepted Guildhall and turned down Trinity.

Unfortunatly they haven't offered me a guaranteed place, a few graduates I spoke to said quite a few reserve offers turn into places. So unsure, I think i'll have to decide before February 3rd or 4th?

Even if I did turn into an offer, I'm still not entirely sure if I would choose Trinity. £20,000 is a lot of money to turn down. Enough for a masters at one of the London colleges.

I've met some awesome bass players from Birmingham too, I'm sure Trinity bass players are just as good.

What instrument did your friend turn down?
Voice (Soprano)

Guildhall Guaranteed
Trinity Guaranteed
RCS reserve

Just about to send off my form accepting Guildhall.
I can't wait to start in September!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 10
Congrats on your offer!

I've also got a scholarship for Birmingham (classical sax), a scholarship for trinity and a conditional offer for RWCMD :biggrin:

Still haven't made a final final decision but I've always wanted to go to the Royal Welsh (I live in Wales) :biggrin:
Original post by ChocolateLover94
Voice (Soprano)

Guildhall Guaranteed
Trinity Guaranteed
RCS reserve

Just about to send off my form accepting Guildhall.
I can't wait to start in September!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm going to be going to Guildhall too!! For oboe :smile:
can't wait!
Reply 12
I'm completely stuck with my offers, got an offer from guildhall, a scholarship from RCS and another scholarship from Birmingham conservatoire! RCS seem really keen (and so lovely), have they been like this for anyone else?! I feel like I'd be mad to turn down guildhall, anyone else is this predicament? I'm a mezzo undergrad FYI :smile:
Original post by cupcakemadness
I'm going to be going to Guildhall too!! For oboe :smile:
can't wait!

Awesome!!
I'm really looking forward to September!
It feels aages away!
Original post by Lornamary
I'm completely stuck with my offers, got an offer from guildhall, a scholarship from RCS and another scholarship from Birmingham conservatoire! RCS seem really keen (and so lovely), have they been like this for anyone else?! I feel like I'd be mad to turn down guildhall, anyone else is this predicament? I'm a mezzo undergrad FYI :smile:

I think maybe consultation lessons with different teachers could help with your predicament.
Did you have a favourite before your auditions?
Reply 15
I think maybe consultation lessons with different teachers could help with your predicament.
Did you have a favourite before your auditions?

No I didn't... But I always said if I got one in London I'd go down there, but it's do difficult once you get the offers...
No I didn't... But I always said if I got one in London I'd go down there, but it's do difficult once you get the offers...

I can imagine especially with scholarship offers.
Maybe comparing things like accommodation and performance spaces and stuff like that could help. Also maybe the teachers or even where they rank on league tables?
Maybe you could get advice from your singing teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I can imagine especially with scholarship offers.
Maybe comparing things like accommodation and performance spaces and stuff like that could help. Also maybe the teachers or even where they rank on league tables?
Maybe you could get advice from your singing teacher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been down to see one of the top signing teachers at Guildhall (Janice Chapman) she said that I should definitely go down there to Guildhall, but RCS are really pushing me to go up there! My singing teacher is really experienced with stuff like this, but she would never tell me where to go because it's my decision.
I feel like everyone knows where there going now and it makes me even more stressed haha. I'm just gonna go to both and see where feels like home the most...
I've been down to see one of the top signing teachers at Guildhall (Janice Chapman) she said that I should definitely go down there to Guildhall, but RCS are really pushing me to go up there! My singing teacher is really experienced with stuff like this, but she would never tell me where to go because it's my decision.
I feel like everyone knows where there going now and it makes me even more stressed haha. I'm just gonna go to both and see where feels like home the most...

Yeh that's a good idea. Just see how it feels. I've only just accepted Guildhall but it was after all my consultation lessons and spending time there.
Just don't stress yourself out. Its such an important decision you don't wanna rush it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Yeh that's a good idea. Just see how it feels. I've only just accepted Guildhall but it was after all my consultation lessons and spending time there.
Just don't stress yourself out. Its such an important decision you don't wanna rush it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you have your consultations at guildhall? Was it through Armin or did you write individual e-mails to the teachers if you don't mind me asking? I've only just started prodding around, I do have a teacher in mind though.

Quick Reply

Latest