The Student Room Group

Uni of Manchester & LJMU interviews.

I have a University of Manchester interview on the 8th of Jan (This wednesday) for Adult Nursing .. just wondering if anyone can give me some last minute tips??

I also have a LJMU adult nursing interview (Which is really where I want to go) on the 15th so I was also wondering if anyone has any tips for this interview too!

Reply 1
Original post by chloelg
I have a University of Manchester interview on the 8th of Jan (This wednesday) for Adult Nursing .. just wondering if anyone can give me some last minute tips??

I also have a LJMU adult nursing interview (Which is really where I want to go) on the 15th so I was also wondering if anyone has any tips for this interview too!

Hi I'm firming LJMU I had interview 9th December and heard back with offer on 12th December. The interview consists of watching a presentation of the course, sitting a very easy mathematics test, basic division, multiplication and addition and subtraction. The interview lasts around 10 minutes (well mine did) have on mind why you want to be a nurse, what qualities you have and why you'd be a good nurse, they asked if I had seen anything on the news lately regarding health care/nursing... Read articles online (nursing times) or just watch bbc news on a night and there's nearly always something on about the NHS, mention the Francis report (google it of you aren't familiar) you don't need to know a lot on it just briefly mention it. They give some scenario questions so be prepared for that (don't worry just use your common sense) they ask how you manage your time effectively, just say if you're good at time management and how, remember to smile, be polite, and prepare a question to ask them too, they ask you if you have any questions, don't worry ljmu interview is really relaxed, the staff are very friendly. If you want any help please don't hesitate to ask, Good luck xxxx
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Katyclark
Hi I'm firming LJMU I had interview 9th December and heard back with offer on 12th December. The interview consists of watching a presentation of the course, sitting a very easy mathematics test, basic division, multiplication and addition and subtraction. The interview lasts around 10 minutes (well mine did) have on mind why you want to be a nurse, what qualities you have and why you'd be a good nurse, they asked if I had seen anything on the news lately regarding health care/nursing... Read articles online (nursing times) or just watch bbc news on a night and there's nearly always something on about the NHS, mention the Francis report (google it of you aren't familiar) you don't need to know a lot on it just briefly mention it. They give some scenario questions so be prepared for that (don't worry just use your common sense) they ask how you manage your time effectively, just say if you're good at time management and how, remember to smile, be polite, and prepare a question to ask them too, they ask you if you have any questions, don't worry ljmu interview is really relaxed, the staff are very friendly. If you want any help please don't hesitate to ask, Good luck xxxx

Aww sounds like I'll be alright! So, how long were you there for? Thank you :smile: x
Reply 3
Original post by chloelg
Aww sounds like I'll be alright! So, how long were you there for? Thank you :smile: x

About 2.5 hours in total x
Reply 4
Hi, i have an interview at ljmu this Wednesday and i'm very nervous. Does anyone have any last minute advice? Thanks! x
Reply 5
Original post by Elengj22
Hi, i have an interview at ljmu this Wednesday and i'm very nervous. Does anyone have any last minute advice? Thanks! x

I also have an interview this Wednesday! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by chloelg
I also have an interview this Wednesday! :smile:

Good luck :smile: what time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Good luck :smile: what time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

9am! yours? good luck to you too :h::
Reply 8
Mines at 1pm! Is LJMU your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Mines at 1pm! Is LJMU your first choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Second :biggrin:
Reply 10
Reply 11

What's your first?
Reply 12

Reply 13
Hey! What's the scenarios they ask you about? X
Reply 14
Yeah I was also wondering what scenarios they asked you about? Just so I can have an idea for if I get invited to an interview (LJMU is probably my first choice if they give me an offer, unless I absolutely fall in love with another uni on other interviews!). I haven't heard back from my application yet though, so not even sure if I'll get as far as the interview stage lol, just trying to get prepared for all the unis I've applied to!

Otherwise thanks for the tips! Particularly about the Francis report, I'll look that up and keep an eye out for any news reports on the NHS too, want to be fully prepared.

Also, a general question about both Manchester and LJMU: did they include group interviews or were they just you and the interviewer/s?
Reply 15
Original post by chloelg
What's your first?

Bangor university :smile: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by anemolihp
Yeah I was also wondering what scenarios they asked you about? Just so I can have an idea for if I get invited to an interview (LJMU is probably my first choice if they give me an offer, unless I absolutely fall in love with another uni on other interviews!). I haven't heard back from my application yet though, so not even sure if I'll get as far as the interview stage lol, just trying to get prepared for all the unis I've applied to!

Otherwise thanks for the tips! Particularly about the Francis report, I'll look that up and keep an eye out for any news reports on the NHS too, want to be fully prepared.

Also, a general question about both Manchester and LJMU: did they include group interviews or were they just you and the interviewer/s?

Manchester group, LJMU one-to-one.
Reply 17
Original post by Katyclark

Oh thank you so much for the advice, has helped a lot :smile: X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest