The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Unconditional offer from Lancaster?

Hello all,

I'm currently taking a year out from education having already finished my A Levels. I am in the process of applying for Lancaster (as my potential firm) for an unconditional offer. However, whilst they have requested AAB for the course I am hoping to study according to their prospectus, I only have ABB. These are not predicted grades that are subject to change either. My question is, what do you think that chances are of Lancaster giving me an unconditional offer, when I am one grade short of the course's entry requirements? Some people I know who have just started studying there have told me they missed the entry requirements for their courses but still got in, and I have also read that some people have been allowed places as long as they put Lancaster as their firm - something I am willing to do since as it stands the university is my firm. Any advice guys?
Reply 1
Depends on the popularity of the course and university... If they have massive number of applications they will have to make a tough decision on your application. I'm sure it will go ok as long as you have been productive so far in your gap year and your PS is strong.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
It's worth applying to them - you're still very close to their requirements and as you said they have been known to be flexible on grades in the past. You still have four other spaces on your UCAS form for other universities.
You'll probably be rejected if that is the case. Unfortunately, Unis can't see who's firm/insurance until you've made all your choices.
Reply 4
Thanks to those who replied.

For my work experience I did through school back when I was in year 10, I worked at a job that directly links to the course I am preparing to apply for, surely this is a bonus? It also shows that my interest in the course has been long-standing.
Reply 5
What did they say??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending