The Student Room Group

K9's Running Joke

Hi everyone k9 here. :wavey:

All details are below:

Spoiler

I plan to improve at running. Will be attending training with my university club twice a week, doing a long run every week plus races and any other training runs.

I'll keep you updated on what I'm up to and how it's going.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lol! Love the blog name. Best of luck, mate. :biggrin:
Good luck :biggrin:.
Reply 3
Sunday 5th Suffolk XC championships:

12km (7.46 miles) - 63:55 | 77th/118

Felt OK. Toughish course and not in great shape. I was fine in terms of my muscles but my pacing and breathing were a bit worse than usual following Christmas. I just snuck into the top 2/3, which sounds bad but is pretty good for a county championships meet.

Monday: Ran to town did a lap and back. Took a longer time than expected possibly due to the wind but I could have run faster as well. Distance was 13.3 miles and I am going to have to edit the epic part of walking with dinosaurs soundtrack so I can just listen to that on repeat.

[video="youtube_share;mQ123EGQlSo"]http://youtu.be/mQ123EGQlSo?t=32s[/video]
Reply 4
So had club training tonight. Ran 5.2 miles in total 1.6 there and 1.6 back. In the main part of the session we were meant to be running 2 miles near best efforts (taking 1/3 the time for a 10k - a bit shorter in reality). My 10K time is around 45 minutes so I was looking for anything under 15 mins. Managed to run the 2 miles in 13:01 so just over 6:30 mile (around my 5K pace). Felt good.

Travelling to uni tomorrow will probably not be able to get a run in but I might be able to do one as soon as I get in before unpacking. Got a nice route planned if so.
Reply 5
Left my bus pass at home so had to do some running yesterday. Ran 3.27 miles in then 1.39 miles around campus and 3.27 miles back. Ran in this morning, another 3.27 miles.

So a total of 11.2 miles since 8pm last night.

Overall total now at 37.22 miles since Sunday.
Original post by k9markiii
Left my bus pass at home so had to do some running yesterday. Ran 3.27 miles in then 1.39 miles around campus and 3.27 miles back. Ran in this morning, another 3.27 miles.

So a total of 11.2 miles since 8pm last night.

Overall total now at 37.22 miles since Sunday.

Set for a massive week! You'll smash my highest which was 50 something!

Best of luck for the coming 12 weeks :smile: May the best man win :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Angry cucumber
Set for a massive week! You'll smash my highest which was 50 something!

Best of luck for the coming 12 weeks :smile: May the best man win :tongue:

Have you entered too? I hadn't really intended to do that much just a combination of races and boredom meant I did more than I expected. Going to rest tomorrow before cross country on Saturday. (I hope I can rest) I just signed up for tour guiding on campus and still won't have my bus pass by then so I'm not certain.
Have you entered too? I hadn't really intended to do that much just a combination of races and boredom meant I did more than I expected. Going to rest tomorrow before cross country on Saturday. (I hope I can rest) I just signed up for tour guiding on campus and still won't have my bus pass by then so I'm not certain.

Aye, I've entered as well :smile:
Reply 9
#1 K9markiii Supporter here!
Reply 10
Original post by Davott
#1 K9markiii Supporter here!

Thanks for the encouragement. :smile:

Did a very muddy cross country race today 5.26 miles in 43:55. I think I got my pacing about right but I find cross country really tough. 15 seconds off my close rival from the club.

Total milage: 42.5

Long run tomorrow and, I think, a good first week.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Did a 12.15 mile run along the canal to the coast along the promenade and back. Nice but a bit cool. Painful last three miles on my feet.

Total milage: 54.6 miles
(edited 10 years ago)
#2 K9markiii Supporter here!

Did a 12.15 mile run along the canal to the coast along the promenade and back. Nice but a bit cool. Painful last three miles on my feet.

Total milage: 54.63 miles

Just wow!
Reply 14
Original post by keromedic
Just wow!

I don't normally do this much but I've not had as much to do this week. I'm trying to run 1000 miles this year so this is a good start for that.
Reply 15
Hill session tonight. 0.58 mile warm up jog 10 reps of 220m fast up and jogging back down then 0.73miles back. Did an OK speed on all reps. Total distance this evening 4.04 miles.

Good session and ready for some more tomorrow (hopefully).

Total milage: 58.7miles

See you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
Back from a late night 8.2 miles. 'Twas fun. Slowish pace but all good training and helped clear my head - managed to listen to some Taylor Swift.

Total Milage: 66.9 miles

Noticing a tiny bit of wear on my trainers already :frown:
Reply 17
Another run today with the club. Did 5.03 miles in about 40 minutes including a steep hill. Enjoyed it.

Total milage: 72.0 miles (not bad for 11 days)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
Took a day off yesterday but back on it today with a nice if a little undulating 10.1 mile run. Nice and now up to 82.1 miles. Parkrun tomorrow in London. Going to work out which one tonight if you have any recommendations near Euston station would be helpful. Think I'm doing Hampstead Heath.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
On Saturday, I did the parkrun and came 13th out of 203 runners in Hampstead Heath in a time of 20:53. Not bad for a relatively hilly and muddy course.

This evening I did a 12.15 mile run. Felt pretty good the whole way and was able to up the pace for the last 3 miles or so. Tried to do it relatively fast and finished in 1 hr 32 mins so just over a 7:30 mile. I feel with a bit of competition beside me I should be able to go a touch faster, hoping to get it near 7 minute mile before mid February in the Great North West Half Marathon.

Total Milage: 97.3 miles

Quick Reply

Latest