The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm Irish and I'm from Belfast if u English do not live in belfast eg falls road, poleglass or any cotholic areas witch could be dangerous just a tip....
Original post by dan1el mccann
I'm Irish and I'm from Belfast if u English do not live in belfast eg falls road, poleglass or any cotholic areas witch could be dangerous just a tip....

Any Catholic areas? Don't be stupid. General violence is lower than the rest of the UK and the dangerous areas would only really be the Falls and Shankill. What makes you think violence occurs in Nationalist areas?

The worry is the rise in racist attacks and on the Polish community. Vast majorirt of those in Unionist areas btw.
Me and my friend are returning to England to continue our education. We live in the Titanic quarter, Belfast and Its stunning. Altough safe here the Republican views can be somewhat intimidating and unfortunately for us have been reflected in teaching.

That's only our opinion.
Original post by Cloudy Apple
Me and my friend are returning to England to continue our education. We live in the Titanic quarter, Belfast and Its stunning. Altough safe here the Republican views can be somewhat intimidating and unfortunately for us have been reflected in teaching.

That's only our opinion.

Nationalist here, can you elaborate, give us some examples?
I don't know about Derry but I've been to Belfast. I got lost and stumbled into what a lot of people would call a no go area for english. I asked for directions from a guy in his garden and was greeted by nothing but a very friendly and welcoming family man who invited me into his home to use his phone and a cup of tea while I contacted my friend. Irish people are some of the warmest and friendliest people I've ever met and I look forward to visiting the city off Belfast again.
It will obviously be fine. Even if they will take the piss.
Honestly its not, dont worry
Reply 27
Original post by dan1el mccann

I'm from one of the hardcore nationalist areas mentionned and this isn't the case at all. I'm at uni in England and have brought friends back to visit who have stayed with me. People are always intrigued and delighted to have visitors to our city. We're too busy hating each other to be bothered with the English, can guarantee you'll get a great welcome
Reply 28
Im Leaving in West Midland I have Plan move to North Ireland I need some advice thanks
Reply 29
I have just recently returned from Belfast and I was perfectly safe but as mentioned above as in any city to take precautions. I would also educate yourself on the northern Irish history too if you haven’t and you will get. Better understanding of everything. Also they were the most friendly people I have ever met! Much friendlier than the English haha
Well, I can tell from experience that you will be much safer as an English person compared to me as a German national. Only recently was I told by a consultant from an Intensive care unit, that I would have a debt to repay to NI for the crimes my people committed during the war. Also, going out and mixing with people is no option for me.
Original post by Magentrum
Well, I can tell from experience that you will be much safer as an English person compared to me as a German national. Only recently was I told by a consultant from an Intensive care unit, that I would have a debt to repay to NI for the crimes my people committed during the war. Also, going out and mixing with people is no option for me.

This thread is 7 years old. Please don't bump old threads.

Latest