The Student Room Group

Whats wrong with rejecting advances to date outside your race?

There seems to be some sort of stigma attatched to people who don't, or it's somehow seen as 'narrow minded', like dating outside your race is somehow superior or better for you.

Cue the whole you must hate x people because you won't give them a chance mantra. I know people who are racist and date outside their race myself...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's nothing wrong with it.
Reply 2
Your Threads bore me

Just same the trash each week
dunno about race but id never date a dumbass like you
Reply 4
Nothing.
Reply 5
Original post by niceguy95
Your Threads bore me

Just same the trash each week

I haven't done a race orientated thread before, so stop fabricating lies.
Reply 6
Original post by Are you Shaw?
dunno about race but id never date a dumbass like you

Ah, how typical of people like you. You have the emotional maturity of an 8 year old.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Ah, how typical of people like you. You have the emotional maturity of an 8 year old.

bet that's what the Nazis said
Nothing? I have a strong preference for guys outside my race so I can't comment. :ninja:
Reply 9
Wofing
There seems to be some sort of stigma attatched to people who don't, or it's somehow seen as 'narrow minded', like dating outside your race is somehow superior or better for you.

Cue the whole you must hate x people because you won't give them a chance mantra. I know people who are racist and date outside their race myself...

Rejecting someone because you're not attracted to them, for example, not being attracted to Japanese people, is fine

Rejecting someone who you have (physically and compatablity) no problems with on the sole grounds of them being a different race is very racist
Reply 11

There's nothing really wrong with it. In an ideal world, we'd all be attracted to everyone, everyone would be loved, and we'd all live happily ever after. We don't live in an ideal world. I think there is something wrong with not dating outside your race based solely on the fact that they're from another race (base level, not taking into consideration the appearance, religious beliefs, culture etc), but there is nothing wrong with not dating someone simply because you're not attracted to them physically or because you don't share the same religious beliefs or ethics, and you feel this would cause friction or alienation in the relationship. It's about cultural compatibility and personal taste, not racism.
Original post by Ceri_Anne
There's nothing really wrong with it. In an ideal world, we'd all be attracted to everyone, everyone would be loved, and we'd all live happily ever after. We don't live in an ideal world. I think there is something wrong with not dating outside your race based solely on the fact that they're from another race (base level, not taking into consideration the appearance, religious beliefs, culture etc), but there is nothing wrong with not dating someone simply because you're not attracted to them physically or because you don't share the same religious beliefs or ethics, and you feel this would cause friction or alienation in the relationship. It's about cultural compatibility and personal taste, not racism.

I actually like racism, not because I agree with it because i'd be boring as hell if everything was idealistic and happy.
Reply 13
Original post by Are you Shaw?
I actually like racism, not because I agree with it because i'd be boring as hell if everything was idealistic and happy.

Not to be rude, but, I bet that sounded so much more intelligent in your head.

Firstly, who wouldn't want to be happy. Isn't that what we're all trying to do? Live a happy life.

Secondly, how would you even know? We don't live in an idealistic world...your probably thinking of movies like 'The turman show'.

I personally would want yo live in a world where people empathised with each other more. There would hell alot less suffering that's for sure...anywhere enough of my world peace talk.

I think, like most ppl have said already, there's nothing wrong with it. You like who you like. If your personal preference is a particular type of look. Then thats you. no one can help what they like.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by NHM713
Not to be rude, but, I bet that sounded so much more intelligent in your head.

Firstly, who wouldn't want to be happy. Isn't that what we're all trying to do? Live a happy life.

Secondly, how would you even know? We don't live in an idealistic world...your probably thinking of movies like 'The turman show'.

I personally would want yo live in a world where people empathised with each other more. There would hell alot less suffering that's for sure...anywhere enough of my world peace talk.

I think, like most ppl have said already, there's nothing wrong with it. You like who you like. If your personal preference is a particular type of look. Then thats you. no one can help what they like.

diversity is strength the world would be boring if it was peaceful
Just date whoever you're attracted to. If that happens to be mainly people of your same race? That's fine. If that happens to be people of both your race and other races? That's fine too. Why does it matter what other people think.
Reply 16
Original post by Ceri_Anne

Boom! I have never called one of these but ^ /End thread.
No one minds and there isn't any kind of stigma. The only people that claim there's a kind of stigma are those that want to have a winge about "you're not allowed to do anything these days cos its racist" and are scraping the barrel.

When it comes to dating people are discriminatory in different ways to how they would be in other circumstances. I wonder how many of those guys that complain about how feminism has gone too far, and how men are disadvantaged, would themselves refuse to date somebody just because they are a man?

The only slightly related issue I've come across, is that I've occasionally suspected some people like to date a particular race as a kind of fashionable accessory.
Reply 18
I'm sure people of other races won't cry themselves to sleep because you won't date them OP, just do what you like
Reply 19
Nothing. You're the one in the relationship, you need to like who you are with.

Honestly, people who take issue with those with high standards wind me up so much, what is it to you if some wants X qualities from a partner?

Quick Reply

Latest