The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

What is the LSE social life like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Social life really depends on who you are with and what hall you are in! Passfield is by far the best hall for a really good social experience
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by lucym1996
I have my offer for Sociology what is yours for? well done! and I think the fact that there are alot of people that are conscious of having a good social life (like me) probably means that when you get there, you'll meet all those sorts of people! I'm going to apply to Passfield because apparently thats one of the best accomodation for going out. I think if you make an effort to make friends who like going out and stuff you'll never be bored!!

Hi! My offer is for history and politics. Well done too!Yeah I don't feel so worried now. Going to apply for Roseberry first, then Passfield. Yeah i'm sure it will be fine!Thanks!
The reputation doesn't match the reality, far from it. Apply for sociable halls (Carr-Saunders, Roseberry and Passfield in that order) and you will be guaranteed the chance to go out at least 3 times a week. Slight bias towards Saunders just because it's the smallest (meaning great community spirit) and has no postgrads, so it's all just a bunch of first years who couldn't care less about hangovers, but the other 2 are good as well.
Also the AU (athletics union) does SO much to improve your social life. Wednesday nights are mad - you'll get together with your teams in the SU bar for (many) drinks before heading over to a club that the AU has a deal with. On top of that you'll have team dinners, club dinners, an AU ball... Oh and you'll play sports as well (though you can be a social member and you'll still be a part of things) so you can make great friends with your teams and the other groups.
Granted there will be some people who don't like the AU because of its love of drinks, but everyone has their own opinion.
Basically there is a stereotypical LSE student who works all the time, but there's also loads of fun people to chill with so it's really what you make of it in the end.
Hi, I was just wondering if it's okay not to be in an LSE hall. I'm offered an intercollegiate hall which is pretty sociable from what I can see. I could have lots of fun with my UOL friends but will I get left out in the LSE community? Sigh
Yeah I'm going to be at an intercollegiate hall as well. Although you will be interacting with loads of UOL people, there are also LSE people there, so you won't completely be out of the LSE loop. The only thing is that we'll probably have to consciously work towards being really involved in the wider LSE crowd. I think we'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending