The Student Room Group

I wish I had korean or japanese friends

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by bluebubblegum
I'm guessing you're Asian if your username is kumon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I was just about to say that :biggrin: it was also full of Asians doing level 8 maths aged 8 -_-
Reply 21
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
You shouldn't choose friends based on their race. What the ****?

He's gotta catch 'em all
Original post by Maccman
I used to do kumon too!!! what level did you guys reach?

I went when I was younger, quit then rejoined and got too i or j, I can't remember but it was a level work
Original post by kumon
Why did you quit?

Same as her tbh :s-smilie:
wbu? Are you korean or japanese? :biggrin:

It was a lot of work and I had school work to do so it was a waste of money as I rarely did any of it
Original post by Ndella
Lol I was just about to say that :biggrin: it was also full of Asians doing level 8 maths aged 8 -_-

Ah kumon, all Asian parents' dream :biggrin:
Original post by Luketreherne
Isn't that borderline racism ?

It isn't borderline, it is racism.

Original post by Adam7918
He's gotta catch 'em all

:rofl:
Reply 26
Ah kumon, all Asian parents' dream :biggrin:

Haha so true :biggrin: did you have a Kumon awards ceremony where you did it? I remember all the Asian kids getting gold certificates and me and my brother getting bronze lol, the competition was fierce!:tongue:
I'm Korean; love me~
Original post by Ndella
Haha so true :biggrin: did you have a Kumon awards ceremony where you did it? I remember all the Asian kids getting gold certificates and me and my brother getting bronze lol, the competition was fierce!:tongue:

yes! Most of the people there were Indian and they did maths and english and got gold, haha i got bronze but my brother got gold and silver once, but to be fair I was a busy GCSE student and they were all primary pupils who didn't have anything else to do :smile: :tongue:
Oh the competition was very fierce indeed :biggrin:
Reply 29
yes! Most of the people there were Indian and they did maths and english and got gold, haha i got bronze but my brother got gold and silver once, but to be fair I was a busy GCSE student and they were all primary pupils who didn't have anything else to do :smile: :tongue:
Oh the competition was very fierce indeed :biggrin:

Haha you had Indian? Mine was Chinese and Japanese :biggrin: Fair enough, I'd rather be focusing on GCSEs than Kumon tbh, such a of time doing fractions for 2 years straight and catching up on corrections :frown: lol all the expectations :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Ndella

Bronze = better than nothing :tongue:

Original post by yl95
I'm Korean; love me~

Any korean foods you recommend? :party: omg do you know any other koreans on tsr? :colondollar:

It was a lot of work and I had school work to do so it was a waste of money as I rarely did any of it

Fair point it does take a very long time!
Reply 31
I wish I had Korean friends too since I'm interested in their culture and would like to practice my Korean :smile:

Btw you can find Koreans on TSR here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1006
Reply 32
Original post by kumon
Bronze = better than nothing :tongue:

Thanks for bringing my hopes up :tongue:
Original post by Ndella
Haha you had Indian? Mine was Chinese and Japanese :biggrin: Fair enough, I'd rather be focusing on GCSEs than Kumon tbh, such a of time doing fractions for 2 years straight and catching up on corrections :frown: lol all the expectations :smile:

Yup, I didn't even know there were that many Indians in my area :smile: yes haha, my tutor wasn't happy and said it would be good preparation for a level but I thought it would be a distraction from my other subjects :tongue:
Reply 34
Original post by NOONA.
I wish I had Korean friends too since I'm interested in their culture and would like to practice my Korean :smile:

Btw you can find Koreans on TSR here
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1006

Woow but most of them have left the site :s-smilie: Also you're on there are you korean? :biggrin:

Original post by Ndella
Thanks for bringing my hopes up :tongue:

:ahee: When did you leave kumon?
Reply 35
Original post by kumon

:ahee: When did you leave kumon?

I left mid-year 9, they wouldn't let me progress to other levels so I was getting nothing out of Kumon. My dad also decided that its a waste of money if that was the case
Reply 36
Original post by kumon
Woow but most of them have left the site :s-smilie: Also you're on there are you korean? :biggrin:

Lol I'm more of a Korean wannabe :biggrin:
If you live in London the place to find and meet Koreans would definitely have to be New Malden and Soho maybe you could try making friends around there.
Reply 37
Original post by yl95
I'm Korean; love me~

Anyeonghaseyo :biggrin:
안녕하세요! 나는 조완심 의미다. ^_^ I have 2 korean classmates, they're teaching me basic Korean and a fair number of my friends speak Japanese, they take it as their third language. :smile: I love watching kdramas and am a kpop fan, not so much for Jap stuff though.

But I'm a Chinese and live in Asia (not from China though), so it's common to meet Japs and Koreans here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by NOONA.
Lol I'm more of a Korean wannabe :biggrin:
If you live in London the place to find and meet Koreans would definitely have to be New Malden and Soho maybe you could try making friends around there.

:ahee: I can't just go round talking to people randomly in New Malden they will think why is he talking to me :lol:
I just have to get into Kings and maybe then I'll find more in the dentistry dept, but that will take a long time :s-smilie:
Can you speak any other languages? :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest