The Student Room Group

Sent application but never included my E grade in economics

Hey I am doing all together 3 a levels and 2 ASs. One of the AS I got an E so I never included it in my application. Do you think anything will happen I'm applying to top 20 unis. My friends have said they won't find out as you got the extra AS to cover up it up. I'm not sure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't worry...
Hmm if they find out that you withdrew information, you could be in a lot of heat...I would contact ucas and amend things before it's too late..
Reply 3
You're committing fraud... If* they find out, your application will probably be revoked. I wouldn't risk it.

* - more like when - they do get your results after all
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by FlavaFavourFruit
Hmm if they find out that you withdrew information, you could be in a lot of heat...I would contact ucas and amend things before it's too late..

I agree, should notify UCAS - better safe than sorry
Reply 5
Original post by zahra_d
I agree, should notify UCAS - better safe than sorry

I really dont want to include it I feel it'll decrease my chances of getting in as I'm applying for a business course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jvc95
I really dont want to include it I feel it'll decrease my chances of getting in as I'm applying for a business course

Posted from TSR Mobile

its not IF they find out, its WHEN. Contact UCAS and change it before you lose any offers you currently hold.
Original post by jvc95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me put it this way, when they find out, you will NEVER get accepted into a uni again.
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by jvc95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I understand what you mean, I did fairly well in my subjects last year besides an E in Psychology which I dropped, but I begrudgingly put it on my application regardless - I think the fear of being caught out for not declaring my grades was too scary for me, lol. I'm not entirely sure what UCAS' policy is, but I'm fairly certain that you need to mention all of your subjects - and I'm applying for a course at some pretty competitive universities as well, guess I'll have to wait and see...
I didn't want to put my U grade in Business on my UCAS application but you have to as you've sat the exams and they have a database displaying all the exams you've sat. It's a certified grade therefore you must put it on. Your school/college/centre should have informed you that they need to tick a box saying everything on your application is 100% true because ultimately you are committing fraud like people further up the thread said.

DON'T WORRY THOUGH, IF THE SUBJECT ISN'T RELATED TO YOUR SUBJECT IT'S FINE! Most unis only look for 3 A2s anyway :smile: Like a failed business AS Level will affect me getting into a French and Spanish course, just make sure you put it on regardless!
Reply 11

Not sure how much help this will be but hopefully it will give you some consolation:

I got an E in a FSMQ I did during Year 11, declared it on my application, currently holding a A*AA offer from UCL... I know AS results are more important, but I also have a friend who got an E in AS Maths, and he's currently holding offers from pretty respectable universities e.g. in the Russell Group
They are very likely to find out. If nothing else, at enrolment, many universities ask to see A-level certificates, and they will notice if you have an AS on them that you didn't include in your application. As you would be guilty of fraud, the university could withdraw your place, and you would be left without a place on an unplanned gap year.

Contact UCAS asap and change your application!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending