The Student Room Group

Tea Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zebracolors
Twinings does make very good tea. Of the flavors we have here in the US, I have been enjoying the English Afternoon and every so often ( though I actually drink Turkish tea more often) I also kind of like the Darjeeling and Lady Gray teas sometimes

However a while back I also really liked one flavor called Ceylon Orange Pekoe. İts not actually flavored with the citrus fruit though, the name is from the tea leaf native to Sri Lanka that makes tea sort of a amber color.

But stores locally seem to have stopped carrying it:frown: I might try to track some down one day, does anyone know if its around anywhere in the UK?

I;ve never tasted ceylon before. Hmmm seems like it's on the list :smile: Thanks for the recommendation. How do you like the USA?
Original post by theseeker
I;ve never tasted ceylon before. Hmmm seems like it's on the list :smile: Thanks for the recommendation. How do you like the USA?

Well America has its good and bad elements like other countries but its home and where I was born. :smile:

And if you can find the Orange pekoe there, I hope you enjoy it:smile: I was really just asking if anyone had seen it available there. If Twinings has stopped sending it to the US stores, I would not mind trying to buy some from the UK and have it shipped. But I'll try to find out sometime, maybe contact Twinings directly.
Reply 2462
Twinings does make very good tea. Of the flavors we have here in the US, I have been enjoying the English Afternoon and every so often ( though I actually drink Turkish tea more often) I also kind of like the Darjeeling and Lady Gray teas sometimes

However a while back I also really liked one flavor called Ceylon Orange Pekoe. İts not actually flavored with the citrus fruit though, the name is from the tea leaf native to Sri Lanka that makes tea sort of a amber color.
(image)
But stores locally seem to have stopped carrying it:frown: I might try to track some down one day, does anyone know if its around anywhere in the UK?

Ceylon orange pekoe is great. I've never tried the Twinings version, how does it compare with others?
Well I can say I think Twinning's Ceylon is great, and I suppose in my experience its kind of similar to their Darjeeling in flavor but not as strong maybe? As Ive really only ever had the Twinings, so I don't know if its better or worse than other brands. :smile:
Well America has its good and bad elements like other countries but its home and where I was born. :smile:

And if you can find the Orange pekoe there, I hope you enjoy it:smile: I was really just asking if anyone had seen it available there. If Twinings has stopped sending it to the US stores, I would not mind trying to buy some from the UK and have it shipped. But I'll try to find out sometime, maybe contact Twinings directly.

I will definitely have a look :smile: Thanks
I now have one of these, so can fully enjoy my loose leaf tea without a mouthful of leaves :biggrin:
I love experimenting with new teas :biggrin: I don't really like milk though, so I'm more of a fan of teas which are best drunk without. Asian teas such as Jasmine I'm pretty big on.
anyone a fan of peppermint tea? i live off the stuff :ahee:
Ah yeah, peppermint tea is pretty nice :biggrin: I only recently tried that one actually!
Reply 2469
I'm tempted to suggest next Christmas that instead of people buying me sweets and smellies as presents, that they buy me different types of tea.

Nothing expensive, just an equally priced box of Twinings or something, one of the unusual ones.

Gagging for a cup of Earl Grey right now...
Reply 2470
I got a box of Yorkshire tea in a caddy for Christmas. Best present I ever got :biggrin:
I have discovered a new found love for Oolong Tea (although I can't palate anything but Green in the mornings!)

So far, Iron Buddha is my favourite variety. It has all the fresh earthiness of a good green tea combines with the smokey/roasted aromas of a black (a bit similar to Lapsang Souchong). I've been told that it smells like charcoal mixed with seaweed, but I think it rocks!

Plus, 'Iron Buddha' sounds like it should be the name of a tacky 1970s Kung Fu flick... Which may have contributed to my orginal purchase. :colondollar:
Original post by El Nombre
I have discovered a new found love for Oolong Tea (although I can't palate anything but Green in the mornings!)

So far, Iron Buddha is my favourite variety. It has all the fresh earthiness of a good green tea combines with the smokey/roasted aromas of a black (a bit similar to Lapsang Souchong). I've been told that it smells like charcoal mixed with seaweed, but I think it rocks!

Plus, 'Iron Buddha' sounds like it should be the name of a tacky 1970s Kung Fu flick... Which may have contributed to my orginal purchase. :colondollar:

Two things, 1) I keep meaning to try Oolong tea as one of my friends drinks it alot, what does it taste like actually?

and 2) that Iron Buddha tea sounds amazing, tacky name and all :P I like green tea and Lapsand Souchong, so I'm pretty sure I will like it :biggrin:
can't go wrong with yorkshire tea or twinnings...and on that thought i'm off to make a tea (putting off doing work:frown:)
Reply 2474
Am i the only one who prefers it super-strong with no milk, and one sugar? :O
Original post by Sketch

You're not alone, my dad does :tongue:
Original post by Sketch

Well apart from the one sugar (I have no sugar), I tend to like my tea strong and with no milk. :P I'm suprised its not an option in the poll, there's only strong with milk options :O
Reply 2477
Original post by sharmine
You're not alone, my dad does :tongue:

Your dad has restored my faith in humanity. :h:
Reply 2478
Original post by Sketch

I like it strong as well. I don't normally let other people make my tea because they put in too much sugar and it ends up tasting awful. Milk in tea is just :afraid:
Does anyone leave their teabag in? I do :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest