The Student Room Group

Tea Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stray_talk
I think this too. They always smell divine but the taste is far from it. Makes me terrible sad :puppyeyes:
I think we're just destined to like proper tea :moon:

I guess you could always make potpourri out of it :dontknow:
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Just bought some Vanilla Chai: has anyone tried it? :smile:

Went to Nero the other day and tried their Chai tea with cinnamon sprinkled on the top, it was amazing! :coma:
Original post by Sazzy890
Went to Nero the other day and tried their Chai tea with cinnamon sprinkled on the top, it was amazing! :coma:

Ooh that sounds so good! :biggrin:
How did they serve it? with/without milk? sweetened?
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Ooh that sounds so good! :biggrin:
How did they serve it? with/without milk? sweetened?

It seemed like it had lots of milk in but strangely it didn't take away from the tea (maybe it was cream sprayed on top actually because I remember them then putting cinnamon on top of that). It was really nice :smile: I think it was quite sweet naturally, I don't think they put sugar in it but I'm not sure.
Original post by Sazzy890
It seemed like it had lots of milk in but strangely it didn't take away from the tea (maybe it was cream sprayed on top actually because I remember them then putting cinnamon on top of that). It was really nice :smile: I think it was quite sweet naturally, I don't think they put sugar in it but I'm not sure.

Sounds good! I think I'll try that one :smile:
Reply 2585
It's Waitrose Assam LOOSE tea all the way ,brewed in a teapot and served with semi-skimmed milk and only £1.29 a packet!
Reply 2586
In an emergency then Marks Extra strong is ok but Twinings tastes like sawdust but has pretty packaging
Clippers Green Tea and Green Tea with Lemon.

So good. Have at least two cups a day during the week. More at the weekends. I don't really like traditional english tea, more of a herbal and green tea type of person.

Some of the best shop green tea I've had is Boston Tea Party 'Dragonwell Green', 'Brew' (in Liverpool) Green Tea and the green tea served in Wagamama is also pretty damn good (and free with unlimted refills!).

Mmm tea.
Original post by oldbatty
In an emergency then Marks Extra strong is ok but Twinings tastes like sawdust but has pretty packaging

Get out :eek:
I love Twinings, certains ones are better than others granted but it is FAR from sawdust!
Begone foul beast :colondollar:
Reply 2589
Original post by Stray_talk
Get out :eek:
I love Twinings, certains ones are better than others granted but it is FAR from sawdust!
Begone foul beast :colondollar:

Compare the size of the leaves then.Twinings are very small and lack the odd white tip which gives a sweet accent to the robust flavour.Are you talking loose tea-I assume you are.
Begone yourself !
Fortnum & Mason is where it's at. A little delicate, but very nice nevertheless.

Bloody expensive though.
Twinings is just amazing :gasp: Marks and Spencers are great, but I hate how none of their teabags have strings and how you have to use a fork/butter knife/whatever to fish out the bag from the bottom of the 16 oz cup :mad:

Ah, well. First world problems :rolleyes:
Reply 2592
fork/butter knife haha how about a spoon?
twinings is amazing
the best one is apple, cinammon and raisin tea (plus a spoon of sugar)!
pg tips, honey and milk is really nice too :biggrin:
my dad bought me a box of the twinings rose tea a few weeks ago (mainly cause it was in the reduced section but still :tongue:) and i was kinda wary of it because i normally hate flowery stuff - anything smelling like roses or tasting of roses just puts me off.

but seeing how much people on here loved it, i thought i'd give it a try, and it is DELICIOUS :biggrin: its slightly sweet and flowery but you wouldnt automatically think of roses, it truly is nommy.

atm im sat here, snuggled up in my dressing gown and winnie the pooh blanket, with a cup of rose tea and feeling full of flu, but happy cause i have nommy tea :biggrin:
Can anyone suggest a nice vanilla-flavoured tea, by any chance? :smile:
Original post by MoonGazer

You can get vanilla tea. Try Whittards. That's where I got my vanilla tea from!

http://www.whittard.co.uk/tea/flavoured_black_tea/vanilla/loose_vanilla_tea_125g_packet.htm

Can get them in a pack of 25 tea bags too if you don't have a strainer/infuser. You could also try vanilla rooibos.
(edited 12 years ago)
Clipper's red fruits and aronia berry is very good :smile:
I could do with a nice cup of tea having just been drowned in the down pour on the way to work this morning.
Original post by MoonGazer

Clipper do a delicious 'white tea with vanilla'. I recommend!

Right now I'm drinking the equally tasty 'green tea with strawberry', yum! :tongue:
Original post by maz :)
how about a spoon?

Ah, but spoons are the first cutlery to mysteriously disappear from student flats.

Lim, Megan S. C., Hellard, Margaret E. and Aitken, Campbell K (2005).
"The case of the disappearing teaspoons: longitudinal cohort study of the displacement of teaspoons in an Australian research institute", BMJ 331(7531): 1498–1500.

[QUOTE=maz [excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];37176942]fork/butter knife

Desperate times call for desperate measures! :biggrin: :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest