Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tea Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: How do you like your tea?
    Weak, no milk
    3.59%
    Weak, dash of milk
    7.30%
    Strong, Milk, No Sugar
    35.11%
    Strong, Milk, One Sugar
    17.38%
    Strong, Milk, Two Sugars
    23.87%
    Other (please tell us )
    12.75%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Strong,milk, no sugar!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    can i join?

currently in my collection are:

english breakfast, earl grey, lady grey, darjeeling, assam, ceylon, chai, camomile, peppermint, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with blueberries and raspberries, apple and blackberry, jasmine, white tea, raspberry strawberry and loganberry, and a couple more fruity ones i cant remember

my favourites atm are lady grey, green tea with lemon and peppermint

also, big tip for anybody with tummy problems (eg; IBS/crohn's) - peppermint tea is both delicious to drink and soothing for your tummy
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    can i join?

currently in my collection are:

english breakfast, earl grey, lady grey, darjeeling, assam, ceylon, chai, camomile, peppermint, green tea, green tea with lemon, green tea with blueberries and raspberries, apple and blackberry, jasmine, white tea, raspberry strawberry and loganberry, and a couple more fruity ones i cant remember

my favourites atm are lady grey, green tea with lemon and peppermint

also, big tip for anybody with tummy problems (eg; IBS/crohn's) - peppermint tea is both delicious to drink and soothing for your tummy
    :five:

Just made a huge pot of loose-leaf Lady Grey :yep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is there a coffee group? I bought Mum 300g of Vanilla French coffee for Mother's Day and it's highly addictive.
    It's a bit like drinking hot Baileys mmmmm... ^_^
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just bought some Vanilla Chai: has anyone tried it?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh hello, I didn't see you there, Mr. Tea Society! :hat2:

Joining might make up for the imminent death of my of lemon & ginger, lemon green, orange & mango & cinnamon, cranberry & cinnamon supplies.

Luckily, I still have Caribbean, green, blackcurrant & apple, cherry and ginger & orange chai left
    :tee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    But no, seriously, I need more tea :nutcase:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I love myself a good old 'cuppa! Nice and strong, little bit of milk and a tinkling of sugar.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesilvermagnolia)
    I have, its gorgeous! :love:

On another note, recently tried a mango and lychee tea, its really nice actually
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GirasoleL)
    I have, its gorgeous! :love:

On another note, recently tried a mango and lychee tea, its really nice actually
    How do you take your vanilla chai?
    I'm finding it quite hard to get used to?
    • 140 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LickOfPaint)
    Is there a coffee group? I bought Mum 300g of Vanilla French coffee for Mother's Day and it's highly addictive.
    It's a bit like drinking hot Baileys mmmmm... ^_^
    There's the caffeine society, here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=1802
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you take your vanilla chai?
    I'm finding it quite hard to get used to?
    Well, I keep it fairly well brewed, no milk, no sugar.
    Are you finidng it quite strong? Because you try brewing it for less long and then once you get used to it you could keep it in for longer
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GirasoleL)
    Well, I keep it fairly well brewed, no milk, no sugar.
    Are you finidng it quite strong? Because you try brewing it for less long and then once you get used to it you could keep it in for longer
    I'm not sure...I think its because there are a lot of different tastes in it! Nice though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had cold tea with two packets of M&Ms...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    :w00t::woo: Tea society!!!!!!
    omg i couldnt live without tea. strong, milk, 1 sugar.
    not a massive fan of other sorts of tea....i have earl grey (well....ive had the same packet for about a year and im half way through lol), earl grey with peach, cherry and jasmin, varying sorts of green tea - actually the most vile tasting thing in the world, which is why i have so many different sorts, to see if adding another flavour makes it drinkable....it doesnt, well unless you like green tea in the first place anyway lol! give me a cup of yorkshire anyday! im not a fan of pg tips or typhoo though, they are my emergency backup supplies now lol!
    i really want to like fruit and herbal teas but i just dont they always smell absolutely amazing but then i find they taste either really weak/watery or they are bitter. im probably just really terrible at brewing them or something lol!

but yeah....go tea!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by POWCATTY)
    i really want to like fruit and herbal teas but i just dont they always smell absolutely amazing but then i find they taste either really weak/watery or they are bitter. im probably just really terrible at brewing them or something lol!
    I used to think this!
    That was when I was 'starting out' and only steeped things for a minute or two.
    Now, I just don't take the tea bags/strainer out of the water until the very last drop -- and it's bliss!
    • 17 followers

(Original post by POWCATTY)

but yeah....go tea!!
    I think this too. They always smell divine but the taste is far from it. Makes me terrible sad :puppyeyes:
    I think we're just destined to like proper tea :moon:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have a wonderful cup of tea now, I feel rough :puppyeyes: maybe that will make me feel better.

I shall drink that whilst putting my feet up in front of the telly
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    I think this too. They always smell divine but the taste is far from it. Makes me terrible sad :puppyeyes:
    I think we're just destined to like proper tea :moon:
    I guess you could always make potpourri out of it :dontknow:
    • 63 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went to Nero the other day and tried their Chai tea with cinnamon sprinkled on the top, it was amazing! :coma:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    Went to Nero the other day and tried their Chai tea with cinnamon sprinkled on the top, it was amazing! :coma:
    Ooh that sounds so good!
    How did they serve it? with/without milk? sweetened?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 11, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.