The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA bursary eligibility

On UEA's page it says both UK and EU students are eligible for the 2000/year bursary. All of the other unis I've looked at state straight out that EU students are only eligible for the money as a fee discount, but UEA doesn't. I'm just wondering can EU students really get the 2000/year as an accommodation discount? Just seems weird considering I haven't seen this at any other uni.
Original post by driftawaay
On UEA's page it says both UK and EU students are eligible for the 2000/year bursary. All of the other unis I've looked at state straight out that EU students are only eligible for the money as a fee discount, but UEA doesn't. I'm just wondering can EU students really get the 2000/year as an accommodation discount? Just seems weird considering I haven't seen this at any other uni.

Hello

I work in the Recruitment and Outreach office at UEA. EU students are able to pick the discount as either a fee waiver, accommodation discount or have the amount in cash. However bursaries are only available to eligible EU students who have contacted Student Finance England and submitted a household income assessment. The following link will take you to the EU Fees and Funding webpage which should have all the information you need to know - http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/international/europe/finance

Hope this helps :smile:

Vicky
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
On this subject...This year I was entitled to a £3000 grant from UEA and for 2014 entry it now says for students falling under the criteria I did £2000, does this mean I'll get less money next year?
Original post by Kaylaleigh
On this subject...This year I was entitled to a £3000 grant from UEA and for 2014 entry it now says for students falling under the criteria I did £2000, does this mean I'll get less money next year?

Hi,

No this only applies to new students that begin their studies this September. So you will still get the same amount of grant money that you originally expected to receive for your remaining years whilst studying at UEA.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending