The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Environment/Geography department offer holders

Hi everyone,

Just seeing if there are any others in this boat?

A while back I received an offer for Environmental Policy with Economics, but have only found one other person on here with an offer for the same (small) course.

There must be others out there?

:colondollar:
Reply 1
Personally received an offer for environment and development, so not the same exact course but same department. But yeah we do appear few and far between on this site!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
I have applied for Environmental Economics. 8 weeks up and no reply. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
Reply 3
I got an offer for BA Geography a while back, but I know some people are still waiting.

Do you guys think you are going to make LSE your firm? I can't quite make up my mind...
Reply 4
Applied on October 26th
Had a confirmation email on the 28th
Had an email from the Admissions Assessor on the 4th
Had an email saying my application was passed to an Admissions Selector on the 8th
Got an offer on the 15th
Reply 5
Original post by Brookzy
Hi everyone,

Just seeing if there are any others in this boat?

A while back I received an offer for Environmental Policy with Economics, but have only found one other person on here with an offer for the same (small) course.

There must be others out there?

:colondollar:

Hey! i've recieved an email saying 'im the strongest in my addmision cycle' so hoping to get an offer soon from the same course as yours. Congrats to you! Hopefully see you in LSE :smile:
Reply 6
Hi there, I'm thinking for applying for this course at LSE as well because personally I'm very interested in the economic area of environmental issues. LSE is probs the only university that offers such a course, so I'll be applying for pure economics for my 4 other choices... so I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to write my personal statement since it has to be generalised to accommodate to all courses. Should I make it pre-dominantly about economics or more towards the environmental side? Thank you!
Reply 7
Original post by jiaxinxz
Hi there, I'm thinking for applying for this course at LSE as well because personally I'm very interested in the economic area of environmental issues. LSE is probs the only university that offers such a course, so I'll be applying for pure economics for my 4 other choices... so I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice on how to write my personal statement since it has to be generalised to accommodate to all courses. Should I make it pre-dominantly about economics or more towards the environmental side? Thank you!

Hi,

I'm starting this course at LSE next week. Last year I had the same problem with the personal statement.

In the end, I made it exactly 50/50 environment and economics, with a final bit about how they intertwine. I still got an offer for three straight econ courses (Nottingham, Manchester and Hull) even with this personal statement.

Hope that helps.
Reply 8
Original post by Brookzy
Hi,

I'm starting this course at LSE next week. Last year I had the same problem with the personal statement.

In the end, I made it exactly 50/50 environment and economics, with a final bit about how they intertwine. I still got an offer for three straight econ courses (Nottingham, Manchester and Hull) even with this personal statement.

Hope that helps.

Alright, thanks for your help! Congrats on getting into LSE, good luck there :smile:
Reply 9
hey, could I ask what you got (grades) to get in? I would love to go and am over the AAB boundaries (just) but would like to compare my grades.
Reply 10
Original post by Evilzeus94
Personally received an offer for environment and development, so not the same exact course but same department. But yeah we do appear few and far between on this site!

hey, could I ask what you got (grades) to get in? I would love to go and am over the AAB boundaries (just) but would like to compare my grades.

Quick Reply