The Student Room Group

BSc (Hons) Criminology 2014 Thread

I don't think I've seen a BSc (Hons) Criminology thread for 2014, Thought I'd make one.
Now, I understand that no two university courses are the same and what not but I just think it'll be nice for everyone to share their experiences with the course or if anyone has issues they could be solved here.

Please feel free to post either material or just random stuff (Hopefully criminology related? :] )
Reply 1
Applied for Leeds, York, Brighton, Durham and Sunderland:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Took a gap year after 6th form, now in my first year of Criminology with Psychology. Very interesting, hilarious crazy lecturers so it's pretty good. Don't know what I want to be at the end of it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bethanychoo
Took a gap year after 6th form, now in my first year of Criminology with Psychology. Very interesting, hilarious crazy lecturers so it's pretty good. Don't know what I want to be at the end of it though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I'm starting the same course in September! Could you tell me approx how many hours and days you spent at uni please!

Luci
Original post by Browning1213
Hi I'm starting the same course in September! Could you tell me approx how many hours and days you spent at uni please!

Luci

I have 4 one hour lectures a week for crim and 3 for psychology
Every other week I have 4 seminars added to my timetable for crim
I have most Wednesdays off and we get reading week like a half term.
Don't feel like I'm at Uni very much but the course requires a lot of further reading so it's good to use spare time for that.

Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi thanks for your response! When you say you have around 7 1 hour lectures, are they spread out over the week?
Original post by Browning1213
Hi thanks for your response! When you say you have around 7 1 hour lectures, are they spread out over the week?

Yeah really spread out! Usually two a day, sometimes even those have gaps in between.
Thursdays last term were really annoying, I had a 9am (crim) and then 2-3pm (PSY)
Not so bad if you live on campus but I don't so very annoying haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hi everyone!!

I have recently graduated with a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice so I am happy to help with any questions or queries if needed.

Happy studying - good luck and enjoy
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ferny91
Hi everyone!!

I have recently graduated with a degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice so I am happy to help with any questions or queries if needed.

Happy studying - good luck and enjoy

What's your plan from here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by bethanychoo
What's your plan from here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Bethany

I have started a counselling and psychotherapy course and also a forensic science course through distance learning.

I am currently working within the criminology industry and plan to further my career by applying for a managerial role.

I am also planning on starting my masters course next year.
Reply 10
What job role is it? Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Im working within a Young Offenders Institution as a probation officer and hope very soon to manage the department
Reply 12
Original post by ferny91
Im working within a Young Offenders Institution as a probation officer and hope very soon to manage the department

That is my dream job! How did you get there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ferny91
Hi Bethany

I have started a counselling and psychotherapy course and also a forensic science course through distance learning.

I am currently working within the criminology industry and plan to further my career by applying for a managerial role.

I am also planning on starting my masters course next year.

Forensic science is my weakness! So gutted I let science go but it's reassuring to hear you've managed to do it too! What kind of course is it? Do you do it at uni or a college..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I got here with a lot of hard work and a lot of voluntary experience. Without experience you may as well not have a degree if i`m honest. It is vital you gain experience while studying.

I`m doing it distance learning through MDLC. I bought it through WOWcher. It was on offer for £39 so I decided to go for it.

Hope this is helping.
Reply 15
Original post by ferny91
I got here with a lot of hard work and a lot of voluntary experience. Without experience you may as well not have a degree if i`m honest. It is vital you gain experience while studying.

I`m doing it distance learning through MDLC. I bought it through WOWcher. It was on offer for £39 so I decided to go for it.

Hope this is helping.

How do you get the experience?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending