The Student Room Group

Tesco

Hi

I was wondering if someone could help me

I rang tesco this morning enquring about job vacancies and they said they had none at the moment but to send a letter to them explaining how many hours you can work.

I am of to university in september but will be travelling from home, has anybody got any ideas of what and how to start this letter and should i tell them that im at university but would still say be able to do a saturday slot etc..

Thanks

Mike
Dunno but don't hold out too much hope because in our area they give jobs to employees children and friends. Hope its different in yours, you'd expect better of such a big organisation. They said that to me, I gave them hours- they ignored it by saying they'd ring later and never did
Reply 2
LauraWalker
Dunno but don't hold out too much hope because in our area they give jobs to employees children and friends. Hope its different in yours, you'd expect better of such a big organisation. They said that to me, I gave them hours- they ignored it by saying they'd ring later and never did

Ive been hit with a similar situation before with other places. They say drop in a Cv/letter/application and they'll get back to you , no matter what the outcome is. I handed in a lot of cvs and applications and those who said theyd get back to me, a large percentage didnt even bother to even say I didnt get in. Understandably there large organisations but communication is a big thing they look for when they take on people, but yet they dont even show signs of communication them selves :frown:

My advice would be if someone says they will get back to you , take there promise with a pinch of salt.

Matt
Reply 3
Tesco are a good employer etc. I dont know if your going away or staying at home for uni but tesco do the option of "store clearing" where you move stores to suit you. So during term time your in store X and when your at home your in store Y.

I sent my CV of to several places and got replies from all. Ive now been working for tesco for two years. Most people at uni work one weeknight (usually till 9 or 10) and one day at the weekend, and tesco will be fine with you doing this.

Just basically say you will be starting university and september and providing the hours fit in with your timetable you will be able to work mon, tue thu untill 10 and a saturday. Say you wish to do around 10-15 hours as its a reasonable ammount and there is normally alot of overtime to suplement your wage.

Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending