The Student Room Group
Will not be signing. Anti-social behaviour needs clamped down on. People know what they're doing when the commit crimes. They should face the punishment.
Reply 2
WTF is this ****?
ASBOs were abused enough now they want something worse??
Original post by uktotalgamer
Will not be signing. Anti-social behaviour needs clamped down on. People know what they're doing when the commit crimes. They should face the punishment.

There are already ample laws in place to deal with "anti-social behavior" (and I hate that term, moronic Labourite newspeak). We have laws against murder, laws against rape, laws against assault, laws against theft, laws against criminal damage and vandalism, laws against harassment, laws against trespassing etc. We don't need any more, certainly not one as ambiguous and sweeping as this bill, which can and will be abused by the powers that be.
Original post by Greenlaner
There are already ample laws in place to deal with "anti-social behavior" (and I hate that term, moronic Labourite newspeak). We have laws against murder, laws against rape, laws against assault, laws against theft, laws against criminal damage and vandalism, laws against harassment, laws against trespassing etc. We don't need any more, certainly not one as ambiguous and sweeping as this bill, which can and will be abused by the powers that be.

I know we have laws but they clearly aren't working. Theft is rife, anti-social behaviour is rife, burglary is rife. We get leaflets through our door everyday about things being broke into and if anyone has seen anything. Crime as a whole may be down but anti-social behaviour is rife and there is simply no excuse for it what so ever. Bunch of ignorant youths, and older who think they can get away with petty thefts. Hope to god this policy comes into place.

Edit: Are you watching this Benefit Street program? Prime example.
(edited 10 years ago)
I know we have laws but they clearly aren't working. Theft is rife, anti-social behaviour is rife, burglary is rife. We get leaflets through our door everyday about things being broke into and if anyone has seen anything. Crime as a whole may be down but anti-social behaviour is rife and there is simply no excuse for it what so ever. Bunch of ignorant youths, and older who think they can get away with petty thefts. Hope to god this policy comes into place.

And when the little thugs thumb their noses at this law, what then? Make another law? :rolleyes:

Personally I employ a far more direct, grassroots method of preventing any anti-social behavior against my own property and person. Its called a 175lb crossbow, with broadheaded bolts. I'd prefer to have a handgun or a semi-automatic rifle, but the nanny state refuses to respect my common law right to bear arms for defence of life, liberty and property, and will lock me in a cage for many years should I aquire such items. So until I move to a more civilized country or the state actually starts to respect our fundamental rights, I am stuck with my humble medieval home defence tool, and I'm sure in due time they will tell me I'm not allowed to own that either. :dry:
(edited 10 years ago)

Seriously? Benefit Street? That's hardly representative.
Reply 7
Original post by Greenlaner
And when the little thugs thumb their noses at this law, what then? Make another law? :rolleyes:

Personally I employ a far more direct, grassroots method of preventing any anti-social behavior against my own property and person. Its called a 175lb crossbow, with broadheaded bolts. I'd prefer to have a handgun or a semi-automatic rifle, but the nanny state refuses to respect my common law right to bear arms for defence of life, liberty and property, and will lock me in a cage for many years should I aquire such items. So until I move to a more civilized country or the state actually starts to respect our fundamental rights, I am stuck with my humble medieval home defence tool, and I'm sure in due time they will tell me I'm not allowed to own that either. :dry:

why not go move to one of these more "civilised countries" then lol

I may be wrong, but i'm willing to bet your one of these guys who has played a few call of duty games and suddenly thinks he is rambo.

I'd also bet you wouldnt use that 175lb crossbow (if you even have it) if it came too it through fear of either killing the person and or legal repercussions.

but as I said I could be wrong.
Reply 8
How can the left claim to be fighting for social liberties when Labour councillors are trying to ban slot machines?
Reply 9
This has to be a joke.

The same thing happened at my student union (who are ran by radical left wing twits) when they petitioned to get police off campus. What happens if someone gets stabbed? What happens if someone is getting mugged?

****ing morons.
Original post by LukeM90
why not go move to one of these more "civilised countries" then lol

I may be wrong, but i'm willing to bet your one of these guys who has played a few call of duty games and suddenly thinks he is rambo.

I'd also bet you wouldnt use that 175lb crossbow (if you even have it) if it came too it through fear of either killing the person and or legal repercussions.

but as I said I could be wrong.

I'm just a libertarian/anarchist/self sufficient type and prefer to take responsibility for my own personal security, rather than soley rely on the state. Thats just how I am and I wouldn't expect statist minded people to understand it.

And no, I have never played Call of Duty, never watched Rambo and I generally don't care for military fetishism. Infact I find the glorification of war in popular media at the moment to be somewhat disturbing.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest