The Student Room Group

The 'What Are You Wearing Today' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Peachz
There was one a long time ago, like 2011 or something but it died. Let's see some of your fits from the coming week!

Will try, got some job interviews coming up, so I've got an excuse to put on a suit.
Reply 41
Original post by Nerd2
Will try, got some job interviews coming up, so I've got an excuse to put on a suit.

Any reason to put on a suit is a good reason.
Original post by Nerd2

Doesn't have to be a suit, can be anything. I'll probably post something on casual Friday as well. Don't want people to feel as though they can't share what they want for fear of not looking 'smart'.

E.g. If anyone is wearing a onesie and hilariously ridiculous slippers, I urge you to post.
Reply 43
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
Yes! I don't like not being smart myself (i am appalled with myself at the moment) and I'd much prefer it if guys wore shirts and lovely coats (they complement and bring a whole outfit together) too. However, I completely understand I can't control what others wear, I'm just staring my preference. Also, please don't think I'm too snobby (I am open minded- i'm just stating my preferences) but brands matter to me, if a guy is wearing Reiss, Ralph Lauren and Hobbs among others I would be rather pleased. I just don't like it when guys wear things from Jack Wills/Hollister etc where they have the brand right across the chest. It's got to be subtle, I want to know where your shirt comes from by the fit and the material not because it has a massive sign in the middle of it.

That's cool just wanted to get your opinion. I myself just wear sweatshirts/tees, jeans and trainers regularly, of course when I need to, I will wear a suit and shoes. I suppose age and occupation play a big role into as well, I should of mentioned that as well. Yeah agreed, people that wear those big branded tees, just look like a walking billboard to me.
Reply 44
want to see my boxers?
Original post by Peachz

Now I definitely love your for this post. Precisely. ^^
1389217397932.jpg
Excuse the hair and giant tablet :tongue: but dres is from tk maxx and just normal tights. I was wearing my high boots with it but they're downstairs. Quite a simple outfit really. I'll have to see you guys pics for tips :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bhav777
want to see my boxers?

I bet you they're not as classy as mine :wink:
Original post by Tokyoround
Doesn't have to be a suit, can be anything. I'll probably post something on casual Friday as well. Don't want people to feel as though they can't share what they want for fear of not looking 'smart'.

E.g. If anyone is wearing a onesie and hilariously ridiculous slippers, I urge you to post.

Oh I will definitely be able to post onesie and slipper post...probably tomorrow evening when back in my flat.
Reply 49
Original post by lyrical_lie
1389217397932.jpg

Excuse the hair and giant tablet :tongue: but dres is from tk maxx and just normal tights. I was wearing my high boots with it but they're downstairs. Quite a simple outfit really. I'll have to see you guys pics for tips :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the dress, the pattern makes the outfit that bit more interesting than just a regular white dress. (I know next to nothing about women's fashion.)
Reply 50
Original post by Peachz

PRSOM

Agreed.
By the way, I expect this thread to do much better than the thread made in 2011, since there is no longer a dislike button.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Nerd2
PSOM

Agreed.
By the way, I expect this thread to do much better than the thread made in 2011, since there is no longer a dislike button.

Very true! I hope it stays that way
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389217949.964741.jpgI rarely wear trousers of any kind, dresses all the way but I've been feeling ill for the last few days and wearing these Austin Reed high waisted skinnies make me feel empowered for some reason. Excuse the hair (I couldn't be bothered to do much with it). I always wear heels (probably not the best for my feet) but they're always so gorgeous I couldn't imagine not wearing them. Okay so you're probably getting the wrong impression of my style but I'll post some better pictures when I feel better.

Coat is from Top Shop but I have a very similar one from Hobbs. Trousers from Austin Reed and Heels from Hobbs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 53
I bet you they're not as classy as mine :wink:

Mine are pretty 'classy'.
Reply 54
Oh my gosh please don't judge me by what I've been wearing today. I'm ill! My throat hurts so much and I just couldn't be bothered to dress in anything I wasn't willing to throw up over. I have taste and class! I love guys in suits and that make an effort.

By the way, I've got a Yale sweatshirt as well!, on the look out for a Stanford and Yale one.
Original post by Arirang
'Kay fine, here's one.
I'm a Gal/("ギャル") and a certain section of us dress like this. Yes, we get labelled as sluts because of it, but it's to be expected I guess. This was a celebratory shot I took for finally fitting comfortably into my shorts which I'd had for months.

DSC_00220.jpg

All of the clothing, bar the boots, are from Japanese brands, but I'll list them anyway:
Coat: Golds Infinity, Top: D.I.A, Shorts: D.I.A, Belt: Skinny Lip and Shoes: New Look.

I'm a lover of big boots, hehe :smile:

Each to their own :smile: Do you have to order online from these Japanese brands, or are there lots of shops here?
Reply 56
I also love big boobs.

And big boots.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nerd2
By the way, I've got a Yale sweatshirt as well!, on the look out for a Stanford and Yale one.

Do you? Is your's from the official Yale bookstore (mine is) :wink: Aha I'd love a Stanford one! I have a Harvard (from Harvard) one too (even though I literally don't wear sweatshirts ever I seem to have a hell of a lot of them). I like silk nightwear but if I'm feeling ill (like now) i'll wear a jumper.
Original post by bhav777
Mine are pretty 'classy'.

You're probably right mine are pretty skanky (eww hate that word but it's never been so applicable) to be honest. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389218549.321476.jpgI hate the material.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're probably right mine are pretty skanky (eww hate that word but it's never been so applicable) to be honest. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1389218549.321476.jpgI hate the material.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I make sure all clothes I wear are stricly sex-buddy material these days.

Quick Reply

Latest