The Student Room Group

The 'What Are You Wearing Today' Thread

Hello! Welcome to the new WAYWT thread. That's 'What are you wearing today' for those not in the know :wink:. Here we shall post our outfits for constructive criticism or simply to show off!

Quick tips:

Try to take a picture in good lighting! This helps us determine what colour your garments are & makes it easier for us to help you. The best lighting is from the sun so if you have a back yard or an open space where you can take a picture I'd do it there. If that isn't an option, make sure the light is coming from behind the camera and never from in front.

Sign up to http://dressed.so! This makes it loads easier to collate all your fits. It helps show you what you wear and how often you wear it. It also comes with picture tagging, you can specify which item comes from which shop on your specific fit picture.

If you're just doing this as a one off, use a basic imaging site like imgur.

Try and list what brand each piece of clothing is, this will save loads of people asking the same questions!

Constructive criticism is welcomed but offensive posts obviously are not! Saying something like 'get to the gym' or 'lift more bro' is not helpful but something along the lines of 'this jumper is too tight around the chest you should get a size up', 'go to the tailor' or 'x would suit your body type more' is constructive. Obviously, fitness and body type are important aspects of fashion so we would not want to eliminate these from discussion either. If you're going to say something doesn't work, explain why and how it could be improved, let's keep it positive and useful for everyone.

Respect other peoples privacy, it is not necessary to blur your face from pictures, however some prefer to do so. If there is more than one persons face in any one picture, they must be blurred out. Any images that are of more than one person without the appropriate blurring/censorship shall be removed.

Spoiler big images so the page loads quicker for other users!!

I hope that has summed up what's going on! If we can try and keep the layout of your fits to something along the lines of:

Spoiler

Anyway, happy posting!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
reserved
Reply 2
Original post by Peachz
Hello! Welcome to the new WAYWT thread. That's 'What are you wearing today' for those not in the know :wink:. Here we shall post our outfits for constructive criticism or simply to show off!

Quick tips:

Try to take a picture in good lighting! This helps us determine what colour your garments are & makes it easier for us to help you. The best lighting is from the sun so if you have a back yard or an open space where you can take a picture I'd do it there. If that isn't an option, make sure the light is coming from behind the camera and never from in front.

Sign up to http://dressed.so! This makes it loads easier to collate all your fits. It helps show you what you wear and how often you wear it. It also comes with picture tagging, you can specify which item comes from which shop on your specific fit picture.

Try and list what brand each piece of clothing is, this will save loads of people asking the same questions!

Constructive criticism is welcomed but offensive posts obviously are not! Saying something like 'get to the gym' or 'lift more bro' is not helpful but something along the lines of 'this jumper is too tight around the chest you should get a size up', 'go to the tailor' or 'x would suit your body type more' is constructive. Obviously, fitness and body type are important aspects of fashion so we would not want to eliminate these from discussion either. If you're going to say something doesn't work, explain why and how it could be improved, let's keep it positive and useful for everyone.

Respect other peoples privacy, it is not necessary to blur your face from pictures, however some prefer to do so. If there is more than one persons face in any one picture, they must be blurred out. Any images that are of more than one person without the appropriate blurring/censorship shall be removed.

I hope that has summed up what's going on! If we can try and keep the layout of your fits to something along the lines of:

Spoiler

Anyway, happy posting!!

Liking the shoe collection. Plus you look stretched. :colondollar:
Literally all I've worn today are Jack Wills boxer shorts and a Yale jumper...
Reply 4
Original post by ChangeOurWorld

Take a pic... its the rules
Reply 5

Literally? Aren't you cold?
Original post by bhav777
Literally? Aren't you cold?

I'm wearing a jumper...my house's heating keeps flicking off but I swear it's a decade of figure skating has made my legs immune to the cold.
Original post by Zshoom
Take a pic... its the rules

I look utterly vile you'll be happy that you don't have to see me!
Reply 8
Original post by bhav777
Liking the shoe collection. Plus you look stretched. :colondollar:

That's just the stuff I keep at home.. I have even more in my London flat :colone:!

LETS SEE SOME MORE FITS
Reply 9
Original post by Peachz
That's just the stuff I keep at home.. I have even more in my London flat :colone:!

LETS SEE SOME MORE FITS

I'll sort one out tomorrow.
Reply 10
Original post by peachz
that's just the stuff i keep at home.. I have even more in my london flat :e!

Lets see some more fits

YES MOAR FITTIES. :k:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Peachz

Quick tips:

Spoiler

Anyway, happy posting!!

Can I just say thank you for posting this! I have an obsession for clothes and I change outfits multiple times a day...kind of glad we have this post now!
Reply 12
Can I just say thank you for posting this! I have an obsession for clothes and I change outfits multiple times a day...kind of glad we have this post now!

It's alright, post some fits and we'll let you know what we think. I try to take a pic of my outfit every day but that doesn't always succeed.
Original post by Peachz
It's alright, post some fits and we'll let you know what we think. I try to take a pic of my outfit every day but that doesn't always succeed.

Everybody says I'm so vain, I literally just post pictures of my outfits on instagram every day. I'm not looking for attention I just like sharing different looks. My pinterest is literally full of the clothes I want and styles I love (but could never pull off)
Reply 14
Everybody says I'm so vain, I literally just post pictures of my outfits on instagram every day. I'm not looking for attention I just like sharing different looks. My pinterest is literally full of the clothes I want and styles I love (but could never pull off)

Literally? Don't you get bored?
Reply 15

srs? multiple times a day, damn
Original post by bhav777
Literally? Don't you get bored?

Nooo it's what I do for fun! I love dressing up and getting be someone else!
Original post by tehforum
srs? multiple times a day, damn

Hell yes! When I'm bored I go get changed and be somebody else!
Reply 18
Nooo it's what I do for fun! I love dressing up and getting be someone else!

But why don't you 'be yourself'? :frown:
Original post by bhav777
But why don't you 'be yourself'? :frown:

I am myself and I'm very comfortable being myself. But it's like acting and trying on different roles, it's fun to make up backgrounds and stories around a character, clothes is a way for me to understand others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending