The Student Room Group

Do you believe in having a soul?

Just trying to create some discussion - I was brainstorming for a novel I'm currently writing and the idea of a 'soul' and there being a spirituality in people is one of the main themes, and it got me wondering - how many of you on here believe you have a soul? And if so, I'd love to know why you believe so or not - get chatting :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
na. don't believe **** without seeing some evidence/proof.
also i stopped believing in invisible people since i was a kid (actually, i don't think i've ever believed in invisible people, ever)
Reply 2
No it doesn't exist
Reply 3
Yes we do. Soul-less people dont exist. You sleep where do you go? Can you remember in your sleep? A soul is for sure. YES SOULS DO EXIST. The body consists of a physical being aswell as a spiritual being.
Reply 4
I believe we do have souls :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
*Waits to play devils advocate to the general consensus* :lurk:

I particularly love doing it in this sort of discussion because anything anyone responds with is completely based on conjecture, from both the 'no soul' and 'yes soul' side of it. There's just nothing you can say either way.

Personal view however is that no, I don't have a soul. I've never quite pinpointed the sociological context that has formed that belief though.
Reply 6
Yes you feel alive you have conciousness and thats why I don't believe in death because you just can't destroy conciousness.
to be honest I still don't know
Reply 8
I can't tell you. It's my top secret. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
If I did have a soul at some point, I gave it away in return for eternal happiness. Because who needs a soul when you have happiness.
Reply 10
I got soul and I'm super bad,

WATCH ME, I GOT IT...

sorry couldn't resist
I do believe I have a soul, yes.
Original post by Dalek1099
Yes you feel alive you have conciousness and thats why I don't believe in death because you just can't destroy conciousness.

I thought you were meant to be clever?
Humans have souls and also do worms haha !
Reply 14
I believe a soul is what makes us different. Essentially we are all the same, a bunch of organs put together but we are all the same but so different at the same time.
Original post by Namsu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even Gingers?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I do believe I have a soul, yes.

Original post by Namsu

Posted from TSR Mobile

You seriously believe part of you is immortal?
I don't think we have a soul. It's all just neurons and electrical impulses. When we die and our brain stops working our consciousness dies with it in my opinion :shrug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by zahra_d
Just trying to create some discussion - I was brainstorming for a novel I'm currently writing and the idea of a 'soul' and there being a spirituality in people is one of the main themes, and it got me wondering - how many of you on here believe you have a soul? And if so, I'd love to know why you believe so or not - get chatting :smile:

Watch 21 Grams and Ghost Rider.
Original post by Kutta
I believe a soul is what makes us different. Essentially we are all the same, a bunch of organs put together but we are all the same but so different at the same time.

Yep - I believe this too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending