The Student Room Group

Gym routine help required!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BCcfc92
Please note, that is not a routine that I posted in full. It is just editting some parts of the one you posted that really needed editting. I could post the routine which i think is best for you're goals, but the fact is, if you follow that routine properly and apply yourself, you will see great results and the difference between that and my version of a model programme, or anyone else's for that matter, won't be all that great.

Rear foot elevated split squats and DB bench have shown better results in gaining muscle in many people than squats and benching. The deadlift is also more of a strength exercise. Squats and deadlifts are not the be-all and end-all, especially when training for aesthetics is concerned. When the smith machine comes into play, the squat and deadlift are no longer a true squat and deadlift anyway.

The basics are there. Heavy compound movements which stimulate muscle fibers the most along with some pure 'isolation'/bodybuilder/'bro' movements to pump up certain muscles. Regarding the leg press, you can include that for your goals... I am just so used to training and being trained in an environemnt not just for aesthetics, but structural balance, athletic performance, health (joint and general) etc. so many more factors come into play that way.

Good luck - train hard, progressively overload (use heavier weights) and eat the right amount.

Thanks! Great advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest