The Student Room Group

Podiatry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alyss9988
Hey I'm going to Plymouth this year to do podiatry :smile: has anyone else chosen that as their firm? x

Hey, I've chosen Plymouth as my firm as well!
i firmed Glasgow Caledonian is anyone else going?
Reply 122
Salford anyone? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Anyone going to New College Durham?
Reply 124
Original post by jumpinghotdogs
Wow, thanks for the insights! just wondering, do you have time to participate in the societies and sports? (especially when you are on clinical placements?)

Sorry I didn't see this! It might not even be relevant now but I thought I'd reply anyway.

I personally don't do any sports but plenty of the podiatrists here do so I imagine they have time for that. Some of the clinical placements are further afield so may get in the way though.
Reply 125
Original post by jumpinghotdogs
Hey thanks for the reply, really appreciate it! How's the societies in the student union like! It's getting hard to decide between schools so i may use external activities as a deciding factor!

I am soo not the person to ask as I am not in any! I really must get more involved next year.

But I know plenty of people who are in lots so there's a fair few. If you go on the SUSU website, there is a big list of societies and sports under the 'something for everyone' tab :smile:

What other places are you looking at?
Original post by jennaguthrie
Hey, I've chosen Plymouth as my firm as well!

Hi i am going to plymouth uni too, i am hana :smile:
Hi, anyone going to Salford in Sept
Hey I'll be in Salford in Sept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which accommodation have you chosen, I'm in iq
Reply 131
Anybody going to Northampton?? And also does anybody have any advise on the financial aspect of maintenance as I have been told if you already have a degree, you can't apply for a 2nd maintenance loan
Reply 132
Anyone going to Huddersfield ??
Original post by fireflies587
I've got an interview at Northampton next Friday and one in Brighton on Feb 18th. Hopefully I'll get into one of the English Uni's so I don't have to pay!!! Really wish Soton would put me out of my mystery!! :s

hey if you don't mind me asking what kind of stuff did they they ask you at the brighton interview? :smile: I've mine for brighton next month so I'm travelling over from ireland
Reply 134
Original post by Sher_17
Anybody going to Northampton?? And also does anybody have any advise on the financial aspect of maintenance as I have been told if you already have a degree, you can't apply for a 2nd maintenance loan

Northampton is my joint 1st choice along with Huddersfield. Yea I'm in the same boat but have lots in savings. I am not motivated at all by my current course. My motivation has all been internal. My lecturer at uni wont give me a reference because its not for my current uni. I'm worried they wont give out anymore interviews for my choices.
Reply 135
I cant locate Southampton Podiatry on UCAS. Anyone know where its at?
Original post by fionajane94
I think about a month or so? :tongue:

Hope you don't mind me asking, i have an interview with brighton and southampton next month, what kind of stuff did they ask you and what did the maths/english exam consist of? :smile:
Original post by Caoimhex
Having the same problem between Southampton (if I get it), Huddersfield and Salford! I really can't decide and having not seen the Unis as I'm not for the Uk is a bit of a hindrance.

Hope you don't mind me asking, i have an interview with brighton and southampton next month, what kind of stuff did they ask you and what did the maths/english exam consist of? :smile:
Original post by fireflies587
Hey! I went to Southampton selection day last Wednesday and still waiting to hear back sooooooo anxious!!! Got an offer from QMU too but don't feel like paying for a course I could get for free in the UK. You can opt to come out at three years with a pod degree though it just won't be an honours. Makes no difference when applying for your license. Fiona were you sat intron of me in the interview with a Hobbs coat? haha I just have a good memory! I was in a grey blazer! Have you heard back from Stono yet? x

Quick Reply

Latest